Thirty

Taylor

"That photo shoot threw me off.We should've done that months ago." I said rubbing my stomach walking out of the studio to the car.

My contraction's been hurting me a lot more today.Maybe the baby is about to come but I'm not sure,my doctor said to just walk it out some.

"Where do you want to eat at mama."He Asked holding opening the car door for me.

"I thought we was going out to dinner?"

"We is but you gotta eat something now.The reservation not till 9:45.It's...Going on 5:30." He said looking at his phone then back at me.

It was a new steak house in town that we suggested on trying.My whole pregnancy I've been wanting nothing but steak and got it every time.

I really miss working.The day of my baby shower I made them take the day off to come.I love my whole work crew.

"Can we get sandwiches?I want a hoagie and grapes and sweet tea.Oh and hot chips." I asked smiling.

"Okay baby.Anything for y'all." He said before pulling off. "I got a tat appointment later so ima drop you off and come back.I shouldn't be no more then a hour.Cool?"

"Okay.What you getting?"

"You dumb ass bitch.Fuck wrong wit you!That fucked up Impala." He yelled to the person who cut him off making me shake my head.

"I ain't mean that Tay.What I'm getting.Umm your name retraced and baby name." He said trailing off while saying it.He wasn't good with talking and driving.

"Why you never got it covered?"I asked moving his hair some so I can see it.He got my name on his neck when we were younger and since we broke up I thought he would've gotten it coved up.

"Why would I?"

"We broke up for 4 years and is partially together now."I asked while he pulled into subway parking lot.He sat back and rubbed his hand against his chin.

"So what?Like i said it stared fading away and since I got dreads I forgot all bout the tattoo if we wanna be dead ass.It's hard to think bout something that you don't see everyday.But yes I wanted to get it covered up but why I didn't?I don't know just ain't want to I guess."He shrugged and I just nodded slowly.

"Where you getting baby name?"

"Other side of my neck.His name gon be in blue yours in red.Ima get another full sleeve another time doe and another hand tat." He said looking at him arms.

I just looked at him remembering what he was like before I left.No tats,not as tall,no hood nigga actives,& no dreads.Nonetheless he was always fine but he got x100 times finer.

"You day dreaming bout me again baby." He said smiling.

"No." I said sticking my tongue out him.He grabbed me by my throat making me give him a kiss.

"I love y'all."

"We love you too." I said smiling.

🌿

After we ate our food he left back out soon after.I sat on the bed going through inventory for the restaurant and emailed some contractors about the new building that I had brought which is 5 hours away.