15 Dried Rose Plant

Part 15 Dried Rose plant

Khushi saw the DRIED plant in the middle of the garden. She got stuck for a while. It didn't seem Arnav forgot to take out the plant away because the garden looked well-maintained. Then why has this dried plant been kept here? She looked at Arnav who was drinking coffee, gazing at her. She smiled at him awkwardly.

"Are not you afraid to be in this big room alone? I can't even sleep alone in the guest room that's only half of the part in your room's size" she asked unrelated, glancing at the plant.

"Were not you ever alone at Lucknow?" he asked raising his brows.

"Many times... my grandfather often came home late finishing his work in the temple"

"Then why are you scared now?"

"It's because I feel someone is around me... that I never felt before"

Arnav stopped sipping the coffee, hearing the same stance again.

"Like how...?"

"Like, someone is beside me... Looking at me..."

"Khushi... Humans mind is the biggest spirit in the world. There is nothing called spirit. It depends on our minds and thoughts. You don't have to be scared" Arnav said, keeping the empty cup on the tea table, and finishing the coffee.

"Haannn... You say it simply... Only I know how it feels"

Arnav came and leaned on the French door, folding his hands.

"How does it feel?" he asked.

"One day you will understand when you feel the same," She said in a FLOW.

"Ok... I will accept your stance when I really feel it..."

"Don't you trust me?"

Arnav nodded no. Khushi pouted at him. Seeing her pout, Arnav could not think of her wrong. there was nothing to get suspected of her. Could she be wrong? the question raised in Arnav's mind.

Khushi walked to the dried plant.

"By the way, why are you keeping this dried plant in between these colorful plants, Arnavji?" She was about to touch it,

"Noooo don't..." Arnav shouted, making her jerk.

Khushi was taken back and stood raising her hands to shoulder level. Arnav gulped down hard.

"I just... I would not have done anything to the plant" she said making face.

Arnav huffed.

"Do you have any sentiment towards this plant?" She got the point.

Arnav nodded yes.

"What's that?" she asked curiously.

Arnav didn't know whether he could tell her or not.

"Let me guess... Is it your girlfriend who gifted it to you?" she asked with a cute smile.

Arnav smiled painfully.

"Yes... The first-ever girlfriend of my life planted it... My Maa..."

Khushi was stuck.

"I'm sorry..."

"It's ok"

"When did she plant it?"

"Eighteen years ago... Before her death"

"Eightteeeeennnn years ago?" Khushi blinked her eyes wondering.

Arnav nodded yes.

"I think due to its age factor it's getting dried," Khushi said.

"No... After my mother's death, all the leaves of this plant sloughed. After that, it never germinated... But, its stems are still green. That's why I'm keeping it with me..."

"You love your Maa very much, don't you?" she asked tilting her head.

"Who won't love Maa? Everyone does"

Khushi nodded yes. She understood Arnav had a very deep sentiment toward the plant. He became emotional talking about his Maa. She sensed it seeing his face even though he tried hard not to show it. So, she tried to cheer him up. She kneeled in front of the rose plant and looked at Arnav.

"What's your Maa's name?" She asked.

"Ratna" came from Arnav in a soft voice.

"Did she also call you Chotte, like Nani, does?"

"My Maa was the one who started calling me Chotte. then only everyone called me like that"

Khushi's concentration came back to the plant. She touched the branch of the plant as if her fingers slipped beneath Ratna's chin. She talked as if that was not a plant but Ratna herself.

"Ratna Maaji, see, how your Chotte is feeling sad...! He is protecting this plant for eighteen years... What does that mean? He feels your presence in the plant. Can't you make him happy with a single leaf? How could you make him feel the vacuum? He trusts that one day this plant will germinate. How could you make him wait for long? This is not done. Don't make him lose hope. Come back to your Chotte and make him happy"

Arnav felt his throat choking. Whatever Khushi told was truly true. It was true he felt the plant as Ratna. That was why he protected it like anything.

"Are not you my sweetheart...! If you germinate a leaf, you will get a so cool friend, called Khushi. It's me... Do you want my friends or not? You are a so good mother. That's why your Chotte is still in your memories. Please, do germinate..." She hugged the plant gently and kissed its branch edge.

Arnav who was so emotional a few seconds ago smiled at the cute antics of Khushi. She stood up and looked here and there. She rushed to the sprayer and brought it to the plant. She was about to spray the water on the plant, and she stopped. She gestured for Arnav to come to her. Arnav moved to her as if a programmed Robot.

"Shall I water the plant?" She asked for his permission which he liked.

Arnav nodded his head, like, GO AHEAD.

"Thank You" She sprayed the water on the plant with a smile.

Khushi kept the sprayer down and looked at Arnav who was gazing at her wondering.

"Arnavji, we had a deal... ( she pointed at the plant and then herself) my friend will be soon germinated... Don't worry"

Arnav folded his hands, coming to composure. There was nothing in his mind other than the plant and Khushi. He had forgotten the doubt he had on Khushi a few minutes ago.

"You know what? you are so crazy" Arnav smiled.

Khushi beckoned him to come close to her. Arnav leaned towards her, raising his brows.

"I know that..." she whispered.

Arnav chuckled. Khushi rushed out of the room giggling with the satisfaction of making him chill. Arnav stood smiling. His eyes fell on the plant. He nodded his head from left to right and walked in. It was clear that he had no faith in its germination. How could he believe the plant that didn't even germinate a single leaf for eighteen years would do that just because a crazy girl had a deal?

Arnav shrugged off the thought. He wanted to know about Khushi. He just wanted to back-check whether she was Shivshankar's granddaughter and whether she lived in Lucknow. He was even ready to go to Lucknow to check it because he liked her innocence. He wanted it to be true. That was what he wanted to check.

To be continued...