59 As you sow...

Part 59 As you sow...

Ratna came to the kitchen following Khushi and Sheetal. Khushi removed a few bowels and filled them with Badam Keer.

"Do you like this ring, Khushi?" Sheetal asked.

"Jee... it's beautiful" Khushi said.

"This is Mathura Badam Keer. Very famous. Whenever my father goes to Mathura; he brings this because we like it so much" Sheetal said.

Khushi smiled. Ratna who was standing behind Sheetal smiled at her. Taking a tray, Khushi arranged the bowls in it. She could arrange only eight bowls in the tray. Two bowls were remaining.

"Give me one more tray, I will arrange the remaining bowls in it," Sheetal said.

Taking another tray, Khushi gave it to Sheetal.

"Khushi, listen to me," Ratna said.

Khushi slightly nodded her head, without looking at her.

"Take the tray and go," Ratna said.

Khushi looked at Sheetal.

"I will come, giving this to them..."

"Yeah, you go... I will bring it" Sheetal said.

Taking the tray, Khushi walked out. As Ratna expected, Sheetal removed a small pocket from her pant pocket and added some powder to a bowl. Ratna wanted to beat her black and blue but she didn't want to alert Sheetal. So, she slightly scratched her shoulder and Sheetal turned behind. In the little gap, Ratna interchanged the bowls.

Shrugging her shoulders, Sheetal walked out with the bowls. She saw Khushi serving the keer to everyone. There was still a bowl left in the tray that alerted Sheetal. What if Khushi took it for herself?

"Don't you give that to Lavanya?" Sheetal asked.

Khushi looked at Ratna who gestured for her to go. Khushi nodded yes and went to Lavanya's room. Taking the bowl in which she mixed the powder, Sheetal sat with her parents, unaware of the truth that the bowls changed. She looked at her mother who asked her something through her eyes. Sheetal spilled a victory smile that brought peace to her mother's face.

Ratna smirked, seeing their gestures. She didn't know what Sheetal added to the bowl but whatever it was, Sheetal deserved it. She supposed.

Sheetal saw Khushi coming with the empty tray, after giving the keer to Lavanya.

"You too take it, Khushi" Sheetal said.

Khushi nodded ok and took the last bowl.

"Khushi, sit next to Chotte," Ratna said.

Arnav moved a little making a space for Khushi.

"Khushi, sit here," he said.

Sheetal tried hard not to show the irritation on her face.

Khushi sat next to Arnav and had the keer.

"How is the keer, Khushi?" Sheetal asked.

"So sweet... just like you," Khushi said with a smile.

Sheetal smiled at Arnav who was looking at Khushi.

"I didn't expect you would be so nice, Sheetalji"

"Oh, Khushi, call me Sheetal... just Sheetal. You are Arnav's wife. Arnav is my friend. So are you"

"Thank you, Sheetal." Khushi ate the keer.

Arnav saw Nani's phone on the tea table. An idea clicked in his mind. Taking her phone, he dialed Khushi's California friend Aradhana without anyone's knowledge. After two rings, he disconnected the call and kept it back on the tea table.