21 Arnav's Instinct

Part 21 Arnav's Instinct

Arnav looked at his mother's photo in which his mother was smiling. He had seen his mother's photo numerous times but that day, his mother's smile looked NEW to him. Arnav looked at Khushi who was trying to put off the lamp, dumping a flower on the blaze. He clutched her hand and stopped her from putting it off. She looked at him making a face.

"I'm sorry... I lit the lamp"

"Let it be..."

"Don't know why I can't put it off" She pouted.

"it's ok. You don't have to put it off" Taking the oil he filled the lamp with the oil.

She nodded ok simply and left. Arnav looked at his mother's photo again and walked off RM thinking about what just happened. What was all this? The Rose plant that never germinate, germinated after Khushi watered it. Today, Khushi lit a lamp that could never light by anyone other than him. What was the meaning of those happenstances? Who was Khushi? How could she do things that were impossible for others? Arnav rode the car debating within.

RM

HP came back from the market. He stopped, seeing Khushi. She gestured for him to go to the kitchen. so, he headed to the kitchen. Khushi followed him and didn't show a hurry.

"Khushiji, I bought all the things you asked me to buy"

HP removed them from the bag and kept them on the kitchen slab. Khushi checked them with patience. She smiled with satisfaction as HP bought everything she asked for.

"Thank you so much, Hari Prakashji"

Keeping them in a bag, she kept them in the kitchen cupboard.

"Give them to Naiji when she asks for them"

"Ok, Khushiji"

Khushi left the kitchen and headed to Nani's room. She saw Anjali coming downstairs and others were sitting in the living room, chitchatting. She smiled at her.

"Khushi, I'm not going to go to Singapore but my parents and brother are coming to India to celebrate the anniversary," Anjali said excitedly.

"When did they change the program?" Anjana asked.

"Last night, Maji. They were so delighted about my pregnancy and want to meet me. So, they decided to celebrate the anniversary in India as they don't want to miss me at the time of celebration"

"That's so great Bhabi... it will be fun" Lavanya sounded eager.

"Ask Shyam to book a grand party hall for them..." Anjana said.

Anjali nodded ok.

"Khushi, tomorrow I and Lavanya will go shopping. Will you come with us?" Anjali asked.

Khushi was horrified. Tomorrow, she would be fasting to do the Pooja.

"Actually, tomorrow is No Moon Day. I will be fasting for my late parents, Bhabi" Khushi said.

"Oh..." Anjali thought about it.

"Fasting means?" Came from Anjana.

"I won't eat anything tomorrow... only water"

"For the whole day?" Manorama asked.

"Jee..."

"Keeping fasting is necessary or what?"

Khushi was silent.

"Don't know why people keep fast at this small age" Manorama murmured.

"Lavi, shall we go shopping the day after tomorrow, taking Khushi with us?" Anjali asked.