82 Durga Ashtami

Part 82 Durga Ashtami

The Pooja day

Khushi woke up a little earlier and took a bath as she had to arrange for the Pooja. She came out wiping her hair and saw Arnav up.

"Good morning, Khushi"

"From here on, every morning will be GOOD for us" She smiled.

Arnav smiled brightly. She looked at the clock. It was 5:30 am.

"I'm going to the Pooja room. I don't even have one hour to start the pooja" She said.

Arnav nodded ok.

Khushi came to the Pooja room and found all the needed things there. She huffed in relief. She cleaned the Pooja room which was already clean. She removed the dried flowers from DM's idol and put a garland on her neck. She drew five rangoli in front of the idol. Then she arranged five kinds of fruits in five plates and kept them on the rangolis neatly.

She saw Ratna looking at her from outside the Pooja room.

"Maaji, you should be locked in a room. Let's go"

Ratna nodded yes.

"In which room will you lock me?"

"Naniji's room?"

"No... Amma will sleep tonight there. Didn't you say, the room should not be opened till the next day morning?"

Khushi nodded yes thoughtfully.

"Then which room?" Khushi thought.

"Papa's room" Came from Arnav, who came to Pooja room, finishing his morning bath, wearing a half-white kurta.

Khushi and Ratna smiled at him.

"Is not my PAPAD KA TUKDA looking gorgeous?" Ratna asked with a smile.

"Arnavji, take your mother from here immediately and lock her in Papa's room. If she starts admiring you, then she won't stop. She will do it for the whole day, forgetting the Pooja" Khushi teased.

Arnav rolled his eyes smiling.

"Let's go, Maa" He walked to Arvind's room followed by Khushi and Ratna. Ratna went inside and smiled at them.

"You should not come out of the room, no matter what," Khushi said.

Ratna nodded ok.

Arnav closed the door from the outside and locked it. He hooked the key on the nail that was at the top of the door.

Khushi again came to the Pooja room. She looked at the clock. It was 6:10. Only twelve minutes left for her to start fasting.

"What's the schedule?" Arnav asked.

"Actually, the mantra should be chanted for thousand and eight times. Last time, I did that by separating it into three times. This time, I have decided to chant the mantra five thousand and one times because I have to be up for the whole night"

"Oh... ok... write the mantra in a paper," Arnav said.

"I know the mantra Arnavji. I already memorized it"

"I'm asking it for me"

"For you?"

Arnav nodded yes.

"Are you going to..."

"Get participated in the Pooja... I'm going to keep fasting" Arnav said.

Khushi was shocked.