69 Child of God

Part 69 Child of God

Arnav and Khushi were clueless. What was happening there? Why didn't Guruji let her touch his feet? Why did he want Khushi to stand with bare feet? Why did he ask his assistants to remove the red thread that was fencing the Ashram?

"Please come inside" Guruji greeted them.

"One minute Guruji," Khushi said.

Guruji looked at her. She lifted the bag in her hand and said,

"This bag contains a few black magic stuff. I don't know whether I could come inside with them or not"

"YOU (he stressed) can bring anything, anywhere. Come inside" He walked inside.

Khushi looked at Arnav questioningly. He blinked his eyes, like go ahead. They followed Guruji.

He took them to the same room where he took Arnav for the first time. Khushi got stuck, seeing Durga Mata Idol which was being covered with vermilion. She felt a kind of vibration in her body.

"Hey, Devi Maiya" slipped from her tongue.

She saw a garland kept on a big plate. Without thinking of anything, she took the garland and put it on Durga Maa Idol. That brought a smile to Guruji's face. Joining her hands, Khushi was looking at Durga MA's Idol emotionally forgetting herself.

Arnav gulp down hard. When he saw the idol for the first time, he felt a kind of fear in his heart. Because the idol was not as serene as RM's Devi Maiya idol. He taught Khushi would also feel the same as him. But she looked different. Her look towards the idol was different. She looked at the idol as if she was meeting her mother after a long time.

Khushi looked at Guruji and smiled. She sat in front of the idol. Guruji looked at Arnav and gestured for him to sit beside Khushi. Arnav sat on the flat stool next to Khushi.

"Now, tell me, why did you come here? What you have brought here?" Guruji asked.

Arnav narrated about Sona and her family. Guruji listened to him without interrupting.

"We found a skull, a few lemons, and a witchcraft doll at her house. My mother felt something when she saw the things. She said she felt a pull towards them. She was eager to touch them. Khushi thinks those things may have the power to tie my mother's soul"

"She was right... the skull is your mother's only..."

"Whaaaat?"

"Yes... they abducted it from the cemetery when her body was burnt. They used it to control her soul. It's a very good idea you brought it to me"

Guruji looked at Khushi.

"Beta, take it out and keep it under Durga Maa's feet"

Khushi did what he said.

"Shivoham..." Guruji called someone.

A man rushed inside.

"Bring a metal container" He ordered.

Sivoham again run and came with a metal container. Keeping it in front of Guruji, Shivoham left the place.

"Put the remaining things in the container, beta," He said and Khushi did that.

Guruji extended a vermilion plate toward Khushi.

"Take a fist of vermilion and put it on the skull"

Khushi followed his instruction. He forwarded a matchbox,

"Burn them," he said pointing at the things in the container.