Volume 1 : Chapter 1: Equality

*Kiyone POV*

*There are changes in the equality monologue, so please read it* 

*In the bus*

Are people equal or not?

These days, all society loves to talk about is equality. People are calling for men and women to be treated equally, and shouting for society to get rid of inequality. They call for high employment rates for women, personal-use cars for everyone, and they go as far as to find fault with the order of the registration of the names.

People even advocate equality for people with disabilities, and the public is now encouraged to stop using the term "disabled people". Children are being taught that every one are equal.

Is that really true? I wondered.

Men and women have different roles if they have different abilities. People with disabilities are still disabled, no matter what term they call disabled people. None of this has meaning if no one pays attention to it .

In other words the answer is no. We are not "equal". People are unequal beings. Humans have evolved to the extent of complexity in ethics and moral leading to the premise that inequality is inevitable, that is we cannot avoid inequality.

Even lesser complex-thinking life forms such as animals experience inequality of being born with disability. But I am not going to delve in that as I am talking about humans in particular. 

A great man once said that God did not make  anyone above or below each other. But that doesn't mean that everyone is equal. Do you know that the passage doesn't end there. It goes like this. Everyone is equal at birth, but then I asked, why there are differences in people's job and status? That was written written in the second half of the passage. It is a difference because one struggled with academics or because one didn't try hard enough? A difference is created there. That's the famous "scholarship studies". These teachings have not changed at all,  even in the modern 2015. The situation has become more complex and is becoming more serious. 

Anyhow people are beings capable of thinking. I don't think it's correct to say that people should live on only using instincts because things aren't fair. In other words the word equality is full of falsehoods, but inequality is also unacceptable. But I am not going to ponder a solution for it, because my very existence is a proof of inequality. 

In the eyes of some "normal" people, my life would be full of mis-fortunes and unfair, in the eyes of others who thinks rationally and omitting emotions into their equation, my existence would bring fear to them. 

It was natural, and the reason is not me being the "Masterpiece" of White Room, rather it was the fear of unknown, the unknown extent of my abilities, even "that man" feared me at some point. Exactly at the point when he discovered that I was still holding back my abilities to some extent. He feared because he didn't know that extent. 

It was a miscalculation on my part to let him find that ... Well not really, I wanted to see the reaction of fear in him as I was very curious how it will look.

 I may sound sadistic, but please believe me, I was merely curious, I didn't enjoy it or anything ... probably . 

Anyways, back to the topic of humans being equal, genius people are naturally an exception as they are born with an innate talent.

Peoples such as Gauss, Faraday, Newton, Einstein, Euler, Ramanujan, were people who could be considered as genius in their respective fields, or genius as a whole. 

They are born as genius

Their existence deny equality. But there are always exceptions, every rules or instructions or any human made possible statements has exceptions, even nature made exceptions. Exceptions are inherent in biology due to evolutionary divergence. I come under such an exception, able to walk at the age of 4 months old.