Vol 2: Chapter 4: Vacation on an Island

The everlasting summer sea. The boundless blue sky. Perfectly clear air. The rustling of the salty sea breeze that gently wraps around the body.

Here, in the heart of the Pacific Ocean without feeling the sweltering midsummer heat.

Yes, this is really a Sea Paradise.

"OHHHHHH! This is the best AAAAAAAAHH!"

From the deck of a luxury liner loudly rang the screams of Ike Kanji who stood with both hands raised. Usually, complaints and phrases like "SHUT UP!" came flying from nowhere, but today of all days there was nothing and everyone finally enjoyed a blissful moment.

There was a remarkable view from the best place on the deck in the reserved seats.

Maybe I should silence this final defect.

"What a fantastic view! I'm really super excited!!!!"

A group of girls led by Kei showed up from the inboard compartments. She pointed at the ocean and with a ear-to-ear grin said: "Beautiful, isn't it..."

Kushida, one of the girls of the group idling about, was also ecstatic while looking at the sea.

After overwhelming hardships, the midterm and the finals we finally welcomed summer vacation. It was waiting for us with open arms.

Koudo Ikusei Senior High School had organized for us a luxurious two-week trip. A cruise on a luxury liner. I don't believe in such luxury. I am sure that we are going live on that Island, but nonetheless I am exited for what they have in store for us.

"I'm glad I didn't leave school, Haruki. If this trip was an ordinary trip, it would've been definitely impossible for me. How does it feel to be someone on the verge of being kicked out, who was in the last place even in the final exam? Tell me, how does it feel?"

Even if this question was instigated by Ike, Yamauchi, far from looking blue, just howled with laughter. The idiotic and defective appearance of this lone pig merged completely into the laughing classmate's figure.

"It's all a piece of cake if I depend on my skills. Didn't they say I could show my ability of playing the leading role to resolve everything with my intellect?"

Hearing that, two words entered my mind quickly. Failure and disappointment.

Well, no use thinking about those defects. While eating breakfast in the liner's lounge, the students could behave as they pleased.

Additionally, a very fortunate thing was that all the facilities on the ship could be used free of charge. For people who are usually worried about points of shortage and expenses, this was a life-saver.

Suddenly, Chiaki turned towards me and gave me a thoughtful look. Backed by the ocean and the blue sky, she looked even more shining and I don't know why but my heart pounded, despite seeing her everyday.

"Well then, how about the Ayanokouji group? Aren't you guys always together?"

I couldn't allow myself to be captured in the haze of her vision. It seems like she was simply thinking about that incident.

"Come on, now. I said sorry..."

I can't remember seeing them together on board after breakfast, though Airi and Haruka are mostly together.

During the past few weeks, I spent more time with Ayanokouji-group. I mean, Haruka demanded to explain my whole relationship with Chiaki.

Surviving WR was much easier. She is a menace when it comes to gossips. Well, so naturally I spent less time with Chiaki. That isn't why she is mad right now.