Vol 3 Chap 3: Marionette

I exited the room. I organised my thoughts and messaged a certain someone.

Arisu still haven't seen the bigger picture. Anyways, it won't be long before she completely grasps the rules, but without knowing the potential hidden outcomes, she won't be able to figure out my motive.

And the moment she realises it, it will be too late. Or atleast I hope so. Losing this segment is inevitable anyways, and if my predictions are correct, it boils down between Ryuen and Honami.

I speculate Ryuen would win. Anyways, what should I do now? I looked very confident infront of Arisu, but we both know that without knowing completely about this exam, the result will truly be random.

That is unless you don't form an alliance. From the looks of it, I am sure Honami and Arisu will be joining hands. It's highly unlikely but I do believe they can find a common ground.

Afterall, there's no other way to gain an advantage in this exam. Considering my group, persuasion is out of the question, or so do they believe.

What kind of strategy is ideal for this 'game'?

Is there even an ideal strategy?

Well in ideal situations, I do know the perfect strategy. But the situation isn't ideal isn't it? Psychological factors are a pain in the ass.

(Time Skip)

I entered my room to see all three of my room mates discussing something. Well at least two of them were discussing. Maya was seeing some kind of tutorial video as usual.

"Kiyone why are you so late? Didn't your meeting end before mine?" Chiaki asked me, writing something on a piece of paper.

"Well, our group discussed a bit afterwards, and once again I was captivated by the ocean.

Those curvy waves,

The contours,

The Navier-Stokes equation-"

"""What?"""

"What?"

"Ignoring that, what are you writing Chiaki?" I diverted her attention.

"Before that, why is your nose a little red? Are you catching a cold?"

"I think so..."

"Are you able to breath?"

"Chiaki, don't overreact, I am fine. It's just a mild cold."

"Just take this tablet"

"Then answer my previous question."

"Oh!? I am thinking of an optimal strategy to maximize the winning chances mathematically, if by chance I am not able to 'predict' what my opponent does."

So she is trying to rely on her ability to cold read a person. And if it fails, consider the mathematically best strategy.

That makes sense, I mean, since the exam looks chaotic, being able to predict if the Q and R class are lying and then accusing them based on your skills to decern lies is a decent strategy.

That feels like a Koenji kind of strategy though. Since 'a perfect existence such as himself can easily identify a liar'. He does depend on cold reading often.

"Not a bad strategy. So what did you come up with in case you are not able to find the liar? *Achoo*" I asked her, noticing Kei being deep in thought.

Suddenly Chiaki pulled a tablet from her bag and took a water bottle. This girl won't answer till I take this.

I took the tablet, hoping it's not poisonous.

"Now answer me."

"That's the problem, well I do guess the correct strategy is to always turn a traitor if I get Q and R class. I have a 50 chance of getting a traitor class, so... I don't know about the other 50."