Vol 1 : Chapter 12 : Mending bonds

The incident with Chiaki happened 2 days ago. She didn't even eye me once. She was masking her depression. But Kei and Maya saw through it.

They even deduced that I was the reason, even without asking one of us. How? Is this what they call women intuition? Do I have that power?

The classes got over. Everytime, Chiaki went to her dorm straight, saying excuses like 'not feeling well' or 'I am tired'.

Kei and Maya approached me.

"Stop right there" Kei blocked my front while Maya covered my back.

But if they are here to fight me, shouldn't they assume a stance? Or the posture by which Kei is blocking my way is some kind of stance?

"Why am I getting a feeling that you are thinking something stupid?" Kei asked herself.

"Kiyone-chan, you can't escape us today. Your stealth won't work on us" Maya said.

"*Sigh* What do you guys want?" I surrendered.

"What happened to Chiaki. Or more precisely, what happened between you two?" Kei folded her arms.

She looks like a mother scolding her child.

"Yea yea, we thought everything was fine. You guys even went to a dat-"

"Maya!!! That's not what we are here for. Don't spoil the beans to this dense idiot". Kei scolded her.

Dense idiot? I mean I have more brain cells than her, so is she refering to that? Or maybe my muscle density? Since I train a lot, she is saying I am denser than her?

And, idiot? It's a term used to refer someone who is less intelligent than you right? But that means she is the idiot here right?

"Gomen gomen, tehee~" Maya did a 'Chie-sensei cute pose'.

"Alright, just spit it. Tell us what happened between you two" Kei again asked the question.

"We had a fight, that's all"

"How can you say that so casually Kiyone?. Go apologise to her and solve this problem immediately"

"Kei, I don't know how you concluded it was my fault in the first place. But there are certain things that can be changed.

Certain people doesn't get a second chance. Or rather they don't deserve it" I said to her.

Kei clenched her fist.

"How can you say that!!! Everyone deserves a second chance, if they are truly willing to change. Everyone ...... Deserves a second chance." Kei shouted.

It seems Kei became emotional. It's probably because of her past. This is called inferiority complexity.

Kei's bullies bullied her to the point where she became broke, and truly believed that she deserved it. They made such a psychological scar on her. But Kei is strong, she simply shredded that inferiority complexity.

She became strong. Now if you ask Kei if she deserved that bullying or not, she would say no.
But still she couldn't remove that PTSD.

"Whoa, Kei-chan don't get emotional. I know you are worried for them, but don't push yourself too much. Their problem will solve in no time" Maya suprisingly spoke something logical.

"No ... The longer you avoid confronting what's in from of you, the more it will consume you. Please Kiyone, just talk to her once. I want us to be friends again.

We laughed and enjoyed so much together as a four. It won't be fulfilling even if one of you are not present, please Kiyone". Kei softened her voice.

It seems she never had such good friends. She was willing to go as far as to plead just for that friendship? It seems like pain in the ass though.