Vol 3: Chap 1 : Far into the future

"Yeahhh!!!!"

Right now Ike was shouting like a lion roaring in the wilderness, except he is not a lion, rather an insect. So the correct description would be comparing him to an annoying fly.

Less than a day after the exam concluded, my classmates aka former defects, organized an evening class gathering without informing me... How unexpected that they decided to celebrate so soon.

After a few minutes of drinking juices and enjoying, suddenly Ike took the mic.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I believe you're well aware of the purpose behind organizing this gathering. It extends beyond simply commemorating our success in the exam.

We have come together today to highlight the resilience we displayed in the face of constant criticism and being labeled as "defects." Our aim is to demonstrate that we are deserving of the top-tier Class A status.

None of this would have been possible without our esteemed leader, Ayanokouji-san. I cordially invite her to address the audience and share a few words from the platform. Please give her a round of applause."

After hearing his words, silence ensued.

So there are people out there who can disguise as someone in a way that even I won't be able to tell the difference in appearance. But who is this imposter?

Did that man send him to expel me?

"Round ... Of ... Applause? Ehhh? Why is everyone very quiet? Did I mess that up? I practiced it like so many times. Did I say something that I shouldn't have said?"

Ah, there goes Ike again, showing a lack of comprehension in certain matters he discussed. I had already doubts about his use of vocabulary. Yes, without a doubt. Yea definitely. I wasn't making plans to expel him. Why would I?

Well he certainly brought up the mood in the room. Everyone laughed at Ike. Atleast he is good at being a joke.

There is no stage in the first place. And what should I speak? Now that we're are in class A, this is boring. I was excited for the next exam; but I guess really not.

"I wanted to say...." I started my speech

Recently during the exam, all my thoughts were centred around the words that Matsuo preached me.

Class competitions were in my interest solely because I was interested in understanding people, their reasons for certain actions and the incomprehensible notion of emotions influencing these actions.

Don't get me wrong, I do feel feeble emotions like anger in the form of irritation. But the way emotions affect a person's action is just very complex.

I know them, I manipulate them; I just don't understand them. Emotions never influenced my own action.

"... I am stepping down from the leader position."

"Ehhhhhhhhhh!!!!"

Very often, one of the things that Matsuo spoke was the topic 'Change'. He believes no matter who or what the circumstances, people change one way or another.

I am not talking about the outward appearance, Matsuo mentioned the change of heart.

To me, it's impossible for the very reason that I don't think I have one. But according to him, becoming human is also a part of change of heart.

Is it true though? I pondered.

I dismissed Matsuo words at that time; but seeing that people around me change all the time, raised a question in me. No; rather it changed the answer I had for a question.