~| 56 |~

Completely uninterrupted sleep is something I've never experienced before with my limited memories. I always have them poking at my subconscious trying to remind me of what I'm missing out on, and now I suppose lying in bed with the guy the universe has been trying to get me to find all this time, allows me to have a break from all that torture.

I lean back slightly to peer at Colby, who's rolled onto his back at some point during the night. One hand rests on his stomach while the other is trapped beneath my body, and his lips are slightly parted. I find myself smiling as I sit up away from him, glancing out the windows for the approximate time.

It's approaching evening by now, which means I should probably get back home or visit the coven house, but I haven't been to this house much. Maybe there's something familiar here that brings me comfort. Right now, comfort is all I care about.

Leaving Colby asleep in bed, I creep out of his room and retrace my steps back to Corey and Devyn's room. I take note of everything I pass, the energy signatures that call out to me. It seems they're all faded as they lead me down the stairs to the kitchen, where I discover the whole clan lounging around lazily.

Corey spots me first but quickly looks away in embarrassment, catching Devyn's attention. Since she's in the middle of a conversation with Katrina, it causes a domino effect and everyone notices me.

"Lydia?" Sam asks in surprise. "I didn't... When did you get here?"

"Um..." I tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear, a small smile on my lips. "Last night? Doesn't matter, I'm just exploring."

"In our house," Jake states quietly.

I cross my arms over my chest. "Yes, Jake, in your house, because it's definitely yours, isn't it? It's not like someone else owns it." He meets my challenge with a knowing smirk, to which I just wave a hand at him. "I won't be long, I just need some more places to portal to... because what happened last night can't happen again."

Kevin instantly perks up like a dog, excitedly leaning toward me. "What happened last night?" I glance at Corey and Devyn, who both awkwardly stare as far away from me as possible. A few realising chuckles sound out around us, but Kevin just frowns for a long moment. And then it clicks and he grins. "Does Corey have a nice ass?"

I roll my eyes. "You're incredibly immature, Kevin." I turn to keep looking around their house, though I don't see many rooms on this ground floor, and just about peer over my shoulder to look at Corey. "You do have a nice ass, though, Corey. I can tell through your jeans."

He gasps at me but laughs after, relieving the awkwardness between us. None of them look or speak to me while I walk through each room downstairs, even slipping through the kitchen at one point for one of the only doors I'd actually be able to portal to. I think I hear them go silent but I just walk into what appears to be a garage.

My necklace starts tingling as I stand just in the doorway examining the room. At first, I do it so I can come back another time, but slowly I begin to notice something strange about this place. It definitely feels familiar, as if I've been here tons of times before. My lips press together in thought.

Without considering what my actions might do, I walk up to the nearest seat—a beanbag just beside the door—and touch it. My mind instantly fills with pure white, and flashes of myself sitting there on top of a dark figure blind me. I feel a little gasp escape my throat at the mixture of warmth in my chest and complete pain surging through my head.

Something takes my hand away from the beanbag, and I blink for a moment to get rid of the flashes. I haven't passed out, which is a shock.

Colby stands in front of me with a deep frown on his face, his fingers wrapped around my wrist and the other hand on my waist—ready to catch me if I drop. His eyes search mine desperately for something, as if he thinks the answers to life itself are hidden in them.