|~13~|

Lydia Drake
We stare at each other for what's probably way too long. I can't move and honestly I don't want to. The tension between us is rising with every passing second and only god knows how long it's been now. I mean, I don't think I've ever just stood there and stared at someone. Colby's eyes are dark blue now, though not with anger like I usually see in him. It's something else that I can't really put my finger on. Some emotion he clearly hasn't shown in a long time.

I don't think either of us know what's happened when, out of literally nowhere, he reaches out and grabs my arms, pulling my body against his then crashing his lips against mine. It's aggressive and passionate, dominating. I feel sparks throughout my whole body, definitely on my lips. My heart is pounding and I don't know how anything works anymore. I only know him.

The kiss slows somehow. I feel like I'm in some trance that I don't want to break from. His lips are so soft and gentle all of a sudden instead of hard like they were a second ago. My hands slowly lift to his chest, just for somewhere for them to go, and that's when he begins to pull back.

My eyes are still closed, my entire body paralysed in place

My eyes are still closed, my entire body paralysed in place. I'm confused now. Really confused. I mean, I know the guy's hot and I'll admit I'm a little attractive too but where did all that passion come from? There was so much of it and that tension is still between us and even though my eyes are closed, I can feel that he's still right there.

I dare to open my eyes finally, and I see that my feeling is right. He's standing there staring at me; lips parted like mine are still. Our noses are almost touching we're still so close, but neither of us are making a move. I'm not entirely sure what's scarier here. The fact that I barley know this guy but that just happened anyway, or the fact that I liked it. I really liked it. So much that I want it to happen again. So badly.

Every cell in my body is making me begin to stand on my toes, my hands taking a hold of his shirt. He watches me until I get a lot closer and my eyes close again. But this time, his hands push me away. I quickly look at him to see a hard expression on his face. Nothing like the boy I just saw. The boy who just kissed me out of nowhere and definitely, definitely liked it. I could tell. I could see it in his eyes. Not anymore. Now I just see that hard mask, but at least now I know it's a mask, right?

"You should leave." He mutters, keeping his eyes locked on mine emotionlessly. I scoff and shake my head, taking a step back as well. I know my heart is still pounding and my breathing is off, but it's not like he knows that. "I mean it, Lydia. Out of my house. Now."

"Do you have something wrong in your head?" I ask, my voice a little snappy. He just looks at me for a few seconds then takes another step back into his room and he shuts the door. He fucking shuts the door. I'm going to kill him the next time I see him. Now's not that time.

I go back into his bathroom and check that nothing is off. I'm relieved that it isn't and my heart seems to have calmed some, my breathing returning to normal now that he's gone. But still, my lips tingle. I can't help it when I touch my finger to them and press down, imagining what it felt like.

How does a guy I don't even know have an effect on me like that? It makes no sense. And I don't really feel like troubling my mind with it. Maybe it's just the physical attraction? Or that I haven't really been with a guy for so long? Yeah. It's a mixture of those. It's just that he's the first guy to kiss me for so long and he's hot. That's all. No strings attached. No emotions between us.

But that passion . . .

Ugh. I push the thought away in exasperation and leave the bathroom in a bit of a bad mood. Hopefully I'll be able to calm down before I'm back in the garage. Am I even going down there? Should I just go home? Just leave like Colby told me to? No. Just because he tries to order me around doesn't mean I'm going to listen.

I hope that nothing is off when I go into the garage and sit down. The way Tara smiles at me and no one else even glances over gives me hope that no one knows a thing; not that it's possible they would unless they were creeping around the corner.

Okay, get through an hour or so more and get the hell out. That's the plan.