|~4~|

The moment I look at him with a frown, he stops laughing and tries to hide behind Tara. She looks a little confused—as does Katrina—but Devyn, Tori, and Cassie are all smirking. At first, I think there's something on my face or my shirt but then I think about it. All I've done is sit down and they didn't say anything when I was sitting up there. I'm so confused. I just want whatever they're thinking to stop and for the attention to shift.

"Okay, one of you tell me why you're laughing." I say as demanding as I can. My voice comes out sharper than I expect it to, but there's no take-backs. No one speaks still. I feel like throwing my hands up in the air and groaning but that's giving them a rise and that's not good in my experience.

"I'm sorry, it's nothing to do with you, Lydia." Kevin speaks, his brown eyes staring into mine. There's something in them that's making me feel a little weird. Not queasy, per se, but off. "Something happened just before you joined and we all must have remembered it at the same time." I stare at him a second then break from his trance and look away at Tara. She just shrugs.

"Whatever. Think of a better excuse next time."

Sam Golbach
I didn't think anything when Tara brought Lydia in the garage. After all, I'm still infatuated by Katrina. It's been a couple of months and she's been invading my thoughts the whole time. We kissed pretty much the day we met, but that's because of the Pull. It's basically this thing where even a human's emotions intensify when they meet their soulmate. That's right, vampires believe in, and have, soulmates. Of course, with humans not knowing about the secret, it's hard for them to commit as fast as we're willing to but they feel just as strongly about you as you do about them.

For a clan, when your soulmate enters the room or is nearby, they will all know. It's just something that we can sense. And I didn't notice it with Lydia at first. In fact, not at all until she sat down and brushed her fingers through her hair, making her scent more wide-spread. It's like everyone in the room suddenly smelt it, because Jake laughed.

The scent carried that of vampire blood, in a sense. Everyone knew that second that she was someone's soulmate, but we couldn't really tell who's. No one seemed to be infatuated by her so it couldn't have been anyone in the room and that leaves only Colby, but there's no way it's him. There's a hell of a lot of people in our clan so it could technically be any of them.

When she got all annoyed about us not telling her what was funny, her scent only intensified slightly and it became all the more clear that she's someone's.

Holding that thought, my head snaps up to the ceiling where I hear Colby moving about. He's been napping because he's low on blood right now and even though he got up earlier, he was too tired and went back to sleep. He didn't admit that he was tired, but it was clear in his face.

I glance at Jake, who's already looking at me, and we both smirk. Most of the guys are. If, by some miracle, she really is Colby's, then we're about to watch Colby meet his soulmate and it would be good to see a different side of him. Maybe he'd try to push her away because that's what he's like, but she might be too much for him. After all, when I started actually liking Katrina, after our kiss, I tried pushing her away. I didn't have it in me. She doesn't know about the secret, though, so I can't really tell whether she'll skip out on me or not. Even if she is my soulmate, she can't physically feel just as much as I do and potentially, she could forget me. Or get compelled by a vampire to make me a thing of the past to her.

Anyways, Colby's fast footsteps come down the stairs and they slow when he gets to the door, preparing to act human again. One day, everyone in this room will know the secret but until then, he's stuck acting like he's what he hates: human.

Finally, the door opens and he stops a second, his eyebrows drawing together when he looks at Lydia. Oh my god, she is his. I can practically see the denial mixed with anger in his eyes already. He'd only act like that around someone he's going to push away. Fingers crossed she can pull him back and maybe stop his asshole streak. I almost can't believe it.