|~16~|

Just as I go to knock on the door, it flings open and almost knocks me onto my ass. Katrina is stood there but she looks a little bit like a mess. Her bright blue hair has gone crazy to match that look in her eye and her hands are shaking. I want to ask if she's okay but she runs passed me out into the street at night. Not to worry, Sam's hot on her tail. He's not looking so good himself but I can see that he's scared about something. By the way things have just panned out, I'm guessing he's scared of losing her.

Eventually I break from my blank stare and walk into the trap house, as it's been named. I wasn't aware until Tara suddenly told me a couple of days ago. The inside is somewhat quiet, but there's a gentle buzz of talking in the other room. The garage, funnily enough.

When I walk inside, I'm surprised to see everyone. The couple of times I have come straight from work, which are the only times I come, there's usually at least Brennen or Mike missing. But nope. Except for Sam and Katrina, of course, the room is full.

"Hello, Lydia." Elton says with a big toothy grin. There's something about the way he's looking at me that makes me instantly uncomfortable. So much so that I don't really acknowledge him, taking a seat on Sam and Katrina's beanbag since it's the only spot open.

"Are Sam and Kat having a fight?" I ask quietly, directing the question at Devyn. She doesn't want to answer, that much I can tell, but luckily she doesn't have to. Jackass takes the job for her.

"That's none of your business." Colby speaks without looking away from his phone, which is somehow even more infuriating. He's been like this every time I've come over and I mostly ignore it. I look to Tara, who gives me a little apologetic smile and a shrug. As long they both come back in one piece I am happy anyway. I've grown to like Katrina and don't really want her to be too upset.

I drift in and out of the conversations going on around me, not really paying attention. In all honesty, I keep thinking about the dreams I've been having every night. Every. Single. Night. Don't get me wrong; he's hot, the dreams are hot and steamy, but I'm scaring myself with how much I want them to happen in real life. After what happened recently upstairs, it's been all I've thought about and it's driving me insane.

As the dream flashes into my head, the garage door opens and Sam is revealed . . . without Katrina. I watch behind him for her to appear but she doesn't and he closes the door. He sits next to me—luckily the beanbag is big enough for the both of us without touching.

"Where's Katrina?" Tara asks nervously, reading my mind.

"She's um . . . she'll be in my room in a minute." There's a brokenness in Sam's voice that breaks my heart. He seems happy all the time unlike some people in the group and Katrina is obviously a big part of that. One side of me wants to give him a hug but I don't want him to take it the wrong way or something.

"Can I visit her?" Devyn questions, speaking up like a mouse. Sam looks at her, then at me.

"No. She wants Lydia."

"What?" I reply instantly with a frown. He just shrugs and nods to the garage door.

"She'll meet you at the top of the stairs." My mouth drops open but I snap it shut shortly after and just stand up. If Katrina wants to talk to me, then she can. I should take it as a compliment honestly.

Surely enough, at the top of the stairs is Katrina with tears streamed down her cheeks, red beneath her eyes, and shivering hands. I rush up to her to give her a hug that she immediately accepts. "Hey, you okay?"

"Sorta." She sniffles. "I uh . . . I wanted to talk to you because Devyn and Tori are too close to what Sam told me and Cassie IS what he told me . . . and when it comes to Tara, well she will be close to it." My heart drops. As in Tara will end up like her? Crying because of something Jake will tell her? They seem so happy though so what could she possibly be told that could affect her this much.