|~31~|

Colby Brock
No matter how hard I fight against the spell that's been put on me, I can't move. I can't stop what's happening right in front of my eyes. Without any of us realising, Annalise—the vampire who's causing a lot of issues right now for the entire vampire community—has recruited the help of a witch. I saw the guy just before he cast the spell and now none of us can move a muscle.

"You don't have a boyfriend called Colby. You've never heard of the Trap House in your life." Annalise says to Lydia. She's ripped the necklace from her, which means that her compulsion will work and Lydia will forget all about us. That makes my dead heart die all over again. I feel so angry and so much longing to rip Annalise's throat out.

Lydia, who's been staring straight into the eyes of Annalise this entire time, frowns. I hear her heart beat increase then her scent strengthen as she suddenly gets angry. "Listen, I don't know who you are but you better give me my necklace back. And get the hell out of this bar before I have you kicked out." Everyone, including Annalise, is completely dumbstruck. How did the compulsion not work? Was she not actually compelling Lydia? Without vervaine, it's impossible for humans to be immune to compulsion.

"How..."

"I mean it. Necklace, now." Lydia snaps angrily. Annalise, in complete shock, drops the necklace and glares at us. Then just like that, she's gone and so is the witch. All of us are freed from our spell at the same time as the singer behind the mic ends her long-ass talk.

I move instantly from the group to the side of the stage where Annalise once was. Lydia drops down just beside me and grabs her necklace looking furious. "Lydia." I say.

"Did you see that woman who talked to me? I want to beat her ass right now." She replies angrily with gritted teeth as she glares at the door of the bar. I watch as she turns the necklace over in her hand, looking for damage. Luckily there isn't any so she clips it around her neck. "Sorry, I'm just a little pissed."

"Its . . . fine. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" She frowns at me. It's infuriating that she doesn't know the magnitude of what just happened and that she won't for a while now probably. She needs to know sooner rather than later if Annalise has a witch to help her now.

Witches are rare creatures and when you find one, you better be a suck up otherwise you'll get crushed easily. They have the ability to inflict pain on a vampire's brain specifically that would kill a human if done to them.

"It doesn't matter." I reply quickly. Lydia's still a little confused but she lets it drop as she turns away from me to put her guitar into her case. I look at the necklace around her neck curiously. I like seeing her wearing something that I've given her but if it's useless anyway and bringing pain to me then maybe she could take it off sometime soon.

"Lydia!" A voice calls excitedly. I turn in time for Reggie to throw an arm around my neck and hang off of me as he tries to get my girlfriend's attention. I knock his arm from me, which makes him drop to the floor for a second. Lydia laughs at him and doesn't even help him up. "You're supposed to be nice, Lydia." He complains.

"You touched him without permission. Not my problem." She replies with a smile still on her face. I love that smile. I mean . . . uh. No, I don't love that smile, I just like it. I really like it. If that was the last thing I saw before I died, I'd be happy.

"Well, I was going to say that I think you're very talented but I won't now." Reggie pretends to be salty, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I would have said thank you but I won't." Lydia mimics his pose and tilts her head to the side. Reggie playfully rolls his eyes before he walks off back to the table everyone's huddled around. "I've never seen Reggie like that. He's usually too busy eating Cassie's face." Lydia jokes.