|~25~|

Lydia Drake
For the second time in one day, I wake up. Only this time, I'm wrapped in a blanket of warmth known as my boyfriend. To say that I don't want to move would by an understatement. In fact, to say that I'd rather not do anything else would be an understatement.

But when I catch a glimpse of the room, I see that there's an orange glow to the white walls as if the sun is setting or rising. Glancing at the little clock on my wall, I can just about read that it's nearly seven pm. Jesus. We really slept all day and he's still out next to me. Completely out.

Being careful not to wake him, I unlatch my arms from his neck, bring my leg back to myself, and lift his arm off of my hip. I stand up on the couch, which almost makes me fall off, then step over the back onto the ground. My foot hits the cold floor, sending a shock through my entire body. Everything suddenly feels cold; it's almost as if Colby's the only warm thing here.

I creep into my bedroom where I find a crop top and shorts and go to my bathroom. After I've gotten ready complete with a shower, I apply a little bit of makeup. It's not too much but not too little, either. Just enough to make me prettier without caking it on.

While I'm brushing my hair, I hear the tiniest movement in the other room that makes me frown. Without stopping, I step out of the bathroom and walk through the little hallway to see Colby standing in the middle of the room . . . dressed. As in, different clothes and hair fixed.

He must sense that I'm in the room because he turns, looks me up and down, and smiles. "Hey." It takes him a moment to figure out why I look so confused. Is it really that hard to figure out?! Where the hell did he get those clothes from? "I always have some spare clothes in my car." He answers my unasked question.

"W- okay . . . are we going to your place soon?"

"We have to do it at some point." He nods at me, watching from across the room. He's reluctant to go and see his friends, no doubt because he'll never hear the end of it. After all, I can bet that it's been a long time since he last had a girlfriend.

Out of nowhere, he walks up to me, wraps his arms around my waist, and drops his head down to my shoulder. His face snuggles into my neck, which is not what I expect at all. I'm a little frozen. This is different, but I'm certainly not saying that I don't like it. I actually really like it. A lot. For some reason, having him so close to that specific part of my skin has lit a fire within me.

"What's this for?" I ask quietly. I forget about my brush and almost throw it onto the counter nearby to just focus on him. He's only focusing on me, so it's only fair.

"Assurance." He mumbles, sending vibrations down my spine. Wow. That's a really new feeling that I love.

"Of?"

"That I," he pauses as he pulls out from my neck, "won't be an ass just because of my friends." I giggle and shake my head, wrapping my arms around him to pull him in close again. He wastes no time in snuggling right back into my neck. He even places a kiss there, which has its own sensations connected to it.

One of his hands rests on my hip, the other on my lower back. I want it to go lower but something tells me well have to take it a little slower than that. We should have a while, if things go well between us. No need to rush.

**********

I smile when Colby takes my hand. We've just pulled up to the house in his car and he's circled around to open my door for me, then intertwined our fingers together. Admittedly, I expected him to go back on his promises not to be an ass or to become distant suddenly. But it doesn't look like he will yet.