|~19~|

The time is ticking by slowly. I'm getting more nervous by the second thinking about Colby actually coming here. He was acting way different earlier, softer than his usual self, and I'm concerned that he'll switch back now that I've agreed to spend some time with him. To become somewhat of an 'item', as he said himself. Although I did warn him not to be an ass. Maybe he'll listen.

"Lydia." My colleague says as she points to the time on the clock. "Your shift is over." She gives me a little smile and holds her hand out. Here goes nothing. I hand her my lanyard that states I work here then pick my little backpack up from beneath the bar.

"Have a nice night." I tell her.

"You too." She smiles and watches me slip through the gap. I don't get too far, though, because Colby is already here. He's waiting just beside me leaning against a wall. He looks . . . well, I'm not going to lie. He looks hot as fuck like that. Especially in the dark room. He seems broody and mysterious.

"Hi, Lydia." He says slowly, looking over my body.

"Hi, Colby." Already, it feels weird. He nods towards the door and I just casually motion for him to walk. It's awkward, but kind of not at the same time. It's like neither of us want to acknowledge how we normally behave towards one another but it's still eating at our own brains.

When we get outside into the cold, I naturally wrap my arms around myself. His eyes flick straight to me as if I've said something outrageous and he kind of just . . . stares at me. I clear my throat. "Where are we going? And what are we doing?" I ask him to break him from his weird stare at me.

"Well, I thought we could . . . get something to eat?" He suggests. "If you're hungry?" He seems nervous. This Colby is slightly dorky and seems ten times younger. I like him, find it cute, but it's not as hot as the broody look.

"I'm starved." I give him a small smile and he nods. "Where's your car?"

"Oh I, uh . . . I Ubered." I frown a little but shrug it off as I pull my keys from my little backpack and unlock my car from all the way over here. We start to walk towards it together in silence, the sound of crunching gravel beneath our feet being the only noise.

We climb into the car, still silent, and I start up the engine. "Where do you want to eat?"

"I'm not fussy." He replies a little sharply. I give a look as if to say 'don't test me' then pull out of the spot. We're stuck in the car together now whether we like it or not and it feels . . . not bad, per se, but still as strange as everything else is with him right now.

"You want to get to know each other, right? So what's your favourite food? We'll get that." I suggest. He's quiet for a few moments. At first, I think he's not going to answer at all until he inhales to speak.

"I've always really liked this place called Tender Greens." He tells me quietly. It's clear he hasn't talked about himself or his likes and dislikes for a very long time even to me, who doesn't really know him.

"Tender Greens it is." I slow the car down just a little bit. "Can you point me in the right direction?" Unexpectedly, he leans across almost into my seat and points to the left at a turning that I have very little time to actually get to. I begin to make it, just as I realise he's still close.

He smells good. That's something I never thought I'd really think about Colby but I mean, it's not like I expected to be 'hanging out' with him either. And I certainly didn't expect the feeling in my pants at the simple idea of him being so close. His face is near my shoulder, his hands resting on the little cushion between us.

"It's on this road." He tells me after a couple of more turns and finally moves back to his own seat. I feel a weight lifting off of my shoulders but my mind hasn't quite cleared yet. Something tells me those dreams I've been having are going to be forefront in my mind for the entire time I'm with him. They have been even when I haven't been with him or wanting to think about him all day. All week, even.