|~29~|

Lydia Drake
I'm not sure what's been going on the last couple of days but it's weird as hell. Since I've slept at Colby's for basically an entire week now, I've had a carpool every single morning with the girls of the house, including Cassie, who never says much to us. It's like I'm being body guarded by them all and I'm slowly getting suffocated. It's taking some time but at some point, I'm gonna snap.

Anyway, I'm sitting in my apartment after work happily on my phone and enjoying some alone time for once. It's been quite a while since I've been alone. The silence is weirdly comforting and scary at the same time. I mean, I have a longing to see Colby, which definitely freaks me out too, but the break from him for just one day so far is nice.

Last night was the first night I haven't slept at his in a week or so and although I did see the girls at the bar, they kept their distance. I'm guessing the place is just their routine to go to now. Anyway, that means that I haven't seen Colby in nearly twenty four hours. It should be a good thing; I should be thinking about how we're moving a little fast or how I shouldn't miss him so much after so little time together but I'm not. I'm just thinking about the next time I'll see him. That's the scary part.

My phone buzzes at the exact moment I find something to watch on TV. I lift it to see the only name I wanna see: Colby. He's asking if I can come over . . . well, I mean, of course. But he's had a weird thing about me going out at night and I can't help but wonder what's changed . . . another comes through saying that it's important. Guess I'm going.

I get up and walk to my bedroom where I put some clothes into a little backpack just in case. Knowing my previous experiences going to the house, I'll end up sleeping there tonight. And it's already late so it's a double whammy.

As soon as I'm ready to leave the house, I jog down to my car and quickly start it up. There's an unsettling feeling in my stomach when I'm driving. It feels like someone's watching me from the road outside or following me even though there aren't any cars behind mine and I'm travelling pretty fast down the empty road. Still, it's like someone's right there.

Finally, I pull up on the driveway of the big house and glance up at the second floor. Colby's in his room looking down at me then he disappears. It feels like it's not even a second later that the door opens and Jake walks quickly out.

"Hey, Jake." I greet as I climb out of my car. He gives me a little smile, opening the car door of a different vehicle just beside me. I watch him pull a backpack out then go back inside without a word. He passes Colby on the way, who hangs around the doorway. "Hi." I say with a big smile, rushing up the steps and letting him grab both of my hands.

He leans down to kiss me for a couple of seconds as we just stand there. I don't want to pull away at all but he does anyway and motions inside. I notice he hasn't even replied to me but I guess that's what the kiss was for.

Surprisingly, we don't go to the garage; instead we go up the stairs and into his room. Just as he shuts the door, I starfish onto his bed, feeling his eyes on me. "What the hell was that?" He asks in amusement as he watches me.

"It just felt like a long drive." I reply with a smile, sitting up a little. "You've never starfished?" He slowly shakes his head. "Boring." I mumble then shuffle over enough for him to sit with me. He does, sitting with his back against the headboard. I lift my legs to be either side of his and plant myself down on his lap with my arms resting loosely on his shoulders.

"I want to give you something." He tells me. I suspiciously watch his hand reach out to a little box on the bedside table then he holds it out for me. I hesitantly lift the lid of the box and what I see inside actually surprises me. There's a cute silver locket with a crescent moon and other little patterns. Its chain is pretty simple, which makes it look so much better. My mouth has opened slightly in shock as I just stare at it.

"You . . . where'd you get this?" I ask slowly, tracing my finger over the pattern.

"I've always had it." He tells me and shrugs. I glance up to meet his eyes and he smiles one of those smiles that literally gives me a heart attack. I feel the beat quickening in my chest as we speak.

"It's beautiful, thank you." I lean forwards and kiss him deeply. I intend for it to last a little while. My body moves on its own when I shuffle forward on his lap, bringing my body closer to his. His hands slide around my neck and I soon feel the cool metal of the locket against my skin, but I don't pull away yet. In fact, I roll my hips over his and almost moan. I didn't expect that tiny motion to feel so . . . good. It shouldn't have, I know that, but it did. Just as I go to do it again, Colby slides his hands beneath my flannel and somehow manages to pull me closer. That shouldn't be possible.

This should be illegal, actually. For one guy to make me feel this way without even touching me really. I mean, it's not like his hands are down my shorts or anything; they're quite innocently on either side of my waist. The passion from our first kiss and the tension we feel between us every time we're near each other is creeping up to a much higher level than before. I want him so badly right now even though it's nothing like me. I don't sleep with guys for ages after I start dating them. But Colby's different in so many ways. So many good ways.

Before I can finish that thought or do anything else, there's a hard knock on the door then it begins to open without permission. I quickly move off of Colby's lap and feel myself blushing immensely as I meet Sam's eyes. I look quickly away, keeping my gaze to the bed beneath me.

"Sorry to interrupt."

"What do you want?" Colby snaps back. He straightens up a bit and smooths down his shirt as he waits expectantly for Sam's response.

"Just to let you know that the thing has been taken care of."

"You don't need to come in here to tell him something." I grumble. "You have a phone." There's a short silence, a laugh, then the door is pulled almost completely shut.

"I'm sorry, I'll tell everyone what's going on and they won't come in." Sam says.

"Don't- " too late; Sam's gone. I'm still blushing when the door's pulled all the way shut and I'm left here with only Colby, who looks pissed. I'm worried that this'll tip him towards being a hardass around me but instead, he groans and moves to be lying down. I follow his lead, resting my head on his chest as he lifts his hand to brush his finger through my hair. It's very welcome.

"Sometimes I wanna murder Sam." He tells me quietly.

"Would you mind if I killed him instead?" I ask hopefully.

"Yes."

"Damn." I playfully pout up at him and see the way his face changes. He looks happy again, or at least less angry than before. Looking into his eyes allows my to see a tiny glint in them that looks a bit like a crescent moon. Oh! That reminds me! Finally, I look down at the locket that Colby helpfully put on me already. It's very pretty and fits in perfectly with all my rings and piercings.

I'm glad he gave it to me. Very glad.