|~5~|

Colby Brock
I swear, why is there another scent in the air now? It's weirdly enticing to me, even when I'm upstairs, but that makes me hate it all the more. I still haven't fed and this is getting ridiculous. There are way too many human girls in this building right now. One of them is going to die if they're here for too much longer.

As I approach the garage door, I slow my fast footsteps and something hits me. It's that same, unfamiliar scent but intensified a thousand fold. I feel... a pull. Oh hell no! No I don't. That whole soulmate thing is a loud of bullshit. I don't have a soulmate, no one does. It's just stupid people in 'love' wanting to be made for each other so they make this thing up to explain why they jump into a relationship.

But when I open the door, I don't even look at Jake and Tara sitting in my beanbag, which would usually piss me off; I only see the girl I don't know sitting on the couch in their usual spot. Her scent is all over the room, especially in this spot as if she's stood here for a while before. Her eyes are . . . well, they're like vampire level of captivating, a beautiful blue, and her blonde hair falls perfectly around her face to frame it. Her skin is just... wow.

What the fuck am I doing?! Before I know what I'm doing, my anger flares up to cover up my moment of hesitation in the doorway and I look for the culprit of her being here. Jake looks guilty, but not for himself. Tara. It's her fault, I bet. Some of the girl's scent is on her as if they've hugged or something.

"Uh, Colby, this is Lydia. Lydia, this is Colby." Tara says quickly. She knows that I'm pissed and she doesn't know how bad that is for her and the rest of them with my hunger being so low. I meet Sam's eyes and he seems to read what's wrong. What I'm about to do if no one stops me.

"Bro, have you eaten?" I simply shake my head and Jake looks slightly more worried.

"She needs to leave." I refuse to look at her when I speak and everyone in the room with super senses instantly picks up on her flare of anger because it makes her scent more potent. I feel my nostrils flare and I have to do something, anything for some sort of a release right now.

"Excuse me?" She says, crossing her arms over her chest. Don't do that, you're pushing them together and making them look better, sweetheart. I'm not in the mood for this right now. With my little weird feeling that I originally got out of the way, I'm all me. And I'm an asshole.

"Leave." I repeat for her, though normally I don't do that. She raises an eyebrow and scoffs, falling further back into the couch she's sitting in.

"No, I just got here and I'm comfortable, thanks." I hate that attitude and part of me loves it at the same time. But the hate is showing through some more so I act on that, kicking the beanbag right in front of me.

"Off my seat. Go back to yours and kick her out while you're at it." I order Jake specifically. I feel how Tara gets mad but her scent isn't nearly as intoxicating as Lydia's.

"She's my friend and I invited her." She tells me in an annoyed tone. Jake is smiling at her until he catches my gaze, which basically says 'get your girl in control before I kill her'.

"It's my house and I didn't. Move." I'm not going to repeat myself again.