|~39~|

A gentle knock sounds on the door. I barely even hear it since I'm basically still asleep wrapped up in not only blankets but also Colby's arms. He's definitely sleeping and his chest slowly rises and falls with his unnecessary breathing. I can't help but just fall more into sleep. Even when it sounds like the door opens, I'm just lying there.

"Lydia." A voice whispers much too close. "Lydia, I need to talk to you." I force my eyes to open despite my brain still being asleep and make eye contact with Katrina. She's smiling kindly at me, nodding towards the door.

"I'm trying to sleep." I complain, trying to roll over away from her but she grabs my arm and manages to pull me out of the bed. Just before I can groan and complain some more, I remember that Colby's sleeping and would kill Katrina for being in here. So instead I sigh.

Katrina guides me downstairs into the garage. It looks like it's still sort of dark outside, which brings plenty of questions to my head. Inside the garage is the whole clan except for Colby and the LED lights are still on full force trying to give me an epileptic seizure.

"What do you losers want? I'm trying to sleep." I say as I brush my hair back from my face and sigh. I notice the way Brennen glances at my legs and immediately glare at him since I'm only wearing one of Colby's shirts.

"Sorry to disturb you." Sam says apologetically. "We just wanted to say thank you." I frown at him as my arms cross over my chest.

"Colby's changed a lot recently and it's because of you. We just wanted to tell you while he wasn't here and that's almost impossible lately." Devyn explains gently, trying to give me a smile but I know I don't look that friendly.

"You're welcome? It's not like I did anything."

"Like Tara said, he made you believe in love, right? Well you did the same thing for him and he's so much happier now. You gave him a reason not to be an asshole."

"I don't know about that last bit." I mumble with a smirk on my face.

"Most of the time." Sam corrects then smiles. "You can go now. Just know that you've done a lot for this clan." I slowly nod and smile, walking backwards out of the room. As soon as I'm in the hallway, I begin to think about what they've said. I changed Colby somehow and made him believe in love . . . but did I change? The best person to ask would be Tara but I don't really want to know if I changed because what if it was a bad change? What if I'm worse of a person? It's no secret that Colby's not the best person in the world and what if that's now translated onto me? I don't want to think about it but it's also all I can think about.

Even when I climb back into bed with Colby and rest my head on his chest, I wonder how much of a heart he has in there. How much of my heart has he taken?

**********

"Annalise can only be staying in one of these places." Mike explains as he holds up some sort of a list of different addresses. I haven't been paying attention so far because Colby hasn't been letting me. I'm sitting more or less on his lap and his face is almost completely snuggled up into my neck; his arms around me.

"How do you know that though?" Kevin questions in confusion. He stares at the list like he's never seen a piece of paper before.

"Well, we've picked up on Tom's scent in the area all of these houses are located so she must be there."

"What if it's just Tom? What if she's staying somewhere else?" Cassie suggests. "She's old and smart most of the time. Don't you think she'd steer clear of anywhere that has a scent on it? Whether it's Tom's or anyone else's."

"She is smart." Elton agrees quietly. "But she also seems to be with that Tom guy. She needs him for her plan; she wouldn't leave him alone." Everyone goes silent for a few moments, which catches my attention a little until Colby's fingers intertwine with mine.