|~7~|

Sam Golbach
Admittedly, I get a little nervous when Lydia stands up from her seat. Colby has lost control plenty of times before and seeing the slightest change in his eyes when her scent comes closer to him makes me worry. But, if she's his soulmate, which I'm pretty certain about right now, then he won't be physically able to hurt her. He won't even be able to compel her to let him. She'll break free of that instantly. I know for certain because the one time I compelled Katrina to tell her to stay away from me and the house, she came back not even a day later and told me off for trying to get her to stay away.

Thankfully, Colby seems semi-controlled when Lydia pulls Tara to her feet and glared right at him. "There. Happy, asshole?" My eyes meet with Katrina's and she has a massive smirk on her face. So does most of the room, though they won't show it so much in case Colby snaps. "I don't like handing out with dickheads so I'm gonna leave." Lydia says and everyone knows that she only means Colby. She doesn't understand why he hates her so much, but he doesn't really. He's just pushing her away to make it easier for himself. "Tara, you're welcome to join." Jake's face twists to be kind of sad, especially when Tara nods. I get it, brother, I get it. "Great, lets go." Tara almost runs from the room while Jake slumps in his seat. Lydia, on the other hand, isn't so quick to leave. With Colby fully in the room now, she has some space to walk up, bash into his shoulder on purpose, spin, and smirk a bit as she flips him off with both hands, giving him a sarcastic 'bye'. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that she is his soulmate. She's tough enough to deal with him without getting pushed around or hurt herself.

Colby looks pissed, more than before, but he just shuts the door after her and drops into his beanbag. I can feel his anger. Okay, maybe she has actually done a number on him. I guess it's because we're all here and she cussed him out right in front of us. Yet again, that angry look on his face doesn't quite meet his eyes. I can see some denial in there, definitely confusion. He barely believes in love, let alone soulmates, so there'd be no way to talk about this without getting his wrath thrown back at me. I'm not in the mood for that when Katrina is sitting with me so close.

Her scent is enveloping me and making me feel things deep down and I love it. I love her. Have known since I saw her. Figuring out more about being soulmates makes me more eager to find everyone else their own. After all, everyone needs some love. Even—especially—Colby.

I have hopes about Lydia. She might just be the best thing that's happened to this clan in a while, especially if she succeeds in changing Colby like I think she will. All we want is our old friend back. Love can do that to you, bring out the real person instead of that solid mask he's built.

He only needs to open his heart a little and he will be him again. I can't wait.