15.

Vincenzo

This is the first time, the first time I got to wake up with her in my arms.

I'm so used to distance that it was almost instinct to leave space between us while we slept but before I knew it I reached across the space I created and brought her body to mines.

I've been awake for awhile just watching her sleep. She feels like home when she's in my arms.

She looks so small but I know there's this fire in her and I intend to bring it out. I'll show her how to contain it and use it. Good or bad, Anger can be a powerful thing.

I'm taken away from my thoughts when my phone buzzed repeatedly. I hated who ever was on that line, usually it's important I mean it better damn well be for disturbing me this early.

"Do you value your life?"

"I— y-yes sir I do." Mateo spoke.

"I don't think you do, why the fuck are you calling me this early?" I couldn't help but groan in annoyance. I seriously can't stand him. If he wasn't a good worker, he'd be gone in a heartbeat. Possibly dead!

I chuckled to myself  Harley would probably rip my head off if I got rid of him.

"You have three seconds."

"Sir, Your needed in the Tech Wing!"

I didn't need to hear anything else. I simply hung up and gently placed Ley against her pillow. She still has an hour before Leo has to be up for school.

I quickly freshened up and put on some sweats and made my way to Rider.

On my way I quickly checked on Leo and he was still sleep, the blanket kicked off in the floor. I shook my head and fixed the blanket on him and headed out just as mom was exiting her door saying good morning to Morgan.

"Good morning mom!"

"Good morning sweetheart, is Harley up yet?"

"No she's still sleep but she'll be up soon to get Leo up and going. Good morning Morgan."

"Good morning boss." Morgan responded as Valencia gave Vincenzo a hug.

"Okay I'll help her out. We had a nice chat the other day. She is honestly the sweetest person I have met in a long time. She reminds me of your grandmother you know. It's that old soul spirit." Valencia chuckled as she reminisced on the memory of her mother.

"She's honestly the best, I can't believe I even had to chance to meet her, for Leo as well. He loves her so much."

Mom gave us a nod in approval and headed towards my room to check on Harley. I gave Morgan a pat on the shoulder as he laughed and made my way to Rider.

...

Third person

"What's up Rider?"

"Boss I know you told us to take a break but I just couldn't knowing how close we were to finishing all the footage so I stayed up and I think I found something!" Rider got towards the big screen he has set up.

"What am I looking at?" Vincenzo said confusingly.

Rider smirked. "Alright so While we were looking through the footage each one I ran a program that did a facial recognition and a background check."

Vincenzo looked like he understood but was still lost. "Okay! So what happened."

"It finished this morning and so far everyone's checked out except for two people."

"Who?"

"The young girl you had hired to be Leo's nanny before Harley and Mateo."

Vincenzo was fuming. Two people didn't check out, and the worst of them all was sketchy ass Mateo.

"Tell me everything."

Rider gave him all the information he collected on the two of them while Vincenzo called Lucas and told him to gather in his office. Rider and Vincenzo headed out immediately with everything and made for the same location. When inside Lucas is already there wondering what the hell is going on.

"Mateo and that young girl that was Leo's nanny before Harley. I had fired her because I caught her leaving my office."

Vincenzo walked to his stand and poured a generous amount of whiskey, it was gone in seconds.

"Who are they really then." Lucas asked in a bit of a daze.

"They've got the same last name but we just don't know what the relation is." Rider chimed in.

"She came through an agency so it's not that hard to show fake proper documents to prove who you are. But him, we should have noticed something. I mean what the fuck are we doing here?" Vincenzo belted out while pouring another glass.

"Vin please slow down, you need a clear head with this." Lucas took the glass away and pushed him to his seat.

"How do you want to deal with this?" Rider asked.

"I don't know. Honestly! I doubt their girl stayed in the company and him I'd kill him right where he stands if he wasn't connected to her."

Vincenzo clutched his arm rests and racked his brain for ideas. This is fucking nuts, how the hell did he let this happen. Two people like how dumb are we being here. Dad would never approve.

He threw everything off his desk in sheer anger. Just then he heard the pitter patter of feet coming down the stairs. He started to calm down and got out of his seat and walked out.

Rider and Lucas glanced at each other and jumped up thinking he was going after Mateo. As soon as the round the corner they seen him.... no seen them. Leo in Vincenzo arms smiling with his head on his dads shoulder while Vincenzo grabbed Harley by her neck to rest her forehead against his. He took a deep breath and she grabbed his face and kissed him softly.

Leo squirmed in his grasp and leaned in for Harley, she took him happily and told him to say bye before they headed out the door. She always rode with him on his way to school, Morgan always told her to stay and rest but she's a stubborn one and he knew it all too well.

Vincenzo looked back while they scrambled to hide.

"Pussies." He snorted.

"Rider get record of all his text messages and bring up the footage of him making any secret logs. I know we kept track of suspicious activity."

"Yes sir." Rider answered and went right to work.

"You know what you wanna do?" Lucas smiled.

"Let's end this shit!!"

...

A/N : vote and comment 🫶🏾