Thirty seven

Aimee knew how things were hard since they lost their baby boy. She knew that she was trying to make it work for the sake of their unborn baby and April.

Aimee felt like it was getting tense with her and Simon. And she didn't know how to stop the thoughts. She couldn't help but feel that Simon was going to leave her.

She didn't know where the thoughts had come from. But since they had lost their son, they had been dark.

Aimee knew it had been hard explaining to April about how she didn't have a baby brother anymore. But she still had a sister.

The little girl was confused about it all. She didn't know what was going on which made it hard for Aimee.

All she knew was that things were a mess. And she was worried it was all going to go wrong.

Morning came and so Aimee woke in bed. Simon was there reading to April. He smiled. "Mummy's awake."

"Mummy!"

Aimee sat up and held her daughter close. She looked to her. "Morning my baby. Did you sleep okay?"

"Daddy story!" She squealed.

Aimee smiled. She looked to Simon. "Are we okay? I feel like things have been weird since we lost Bobby. I love you."

Simon took her hand and kissed her. "I love you too. And I promise that things are going to be okay. I know it hasn't been easy. But I know we can do this."

Aimee nodded and kissed him. She looked to him and smiled. "We have to make this work. For our girls."

"I know babe."

***
Aimee had been going into work. She knew she needed to take it easy. She smiled as she saw Hannah. She walked over. "Hey. How you feeling?" Hannah asked.

Aimee nodded. She smiled. "I'm getting there. It hasn't been easy. But I know that Simon and I are trying to make it work," she said.

"Good. Autumn has asked if April wants to come for a sleepover tonight. She won't stop going on about it. She's got a new bed and wants to show everyone," Hannah said.

Aimee grinned and nodded. "Actually that sounds amazing. You could be doing me a favour. Simon and I need some time to handle all of this," she said.

"Okay. So I'll fetch her from the crèche and then we can fetch my demanding child from nursery," she said.

"Thanks Han. I appreciate this."

***
Aimee walked into Simon's classroom. She looked to him and smiled. "April is going to Hannah's tonight. I thought you and I could get dinner and then have an early night?"
She said.

Simon nodded. He looked to her and smiled. "Sounds good babe. I want this to work," he said.

"Me too. We can make it work. Can't we? I know losing our little boy was hard. But I love you. And I want us to do it,"

"We can."

***
Aimee and Simon were cuddled up in bed. Simon smiled and kissed her. "I love you. I'm glad we did this."

"Me too."

Aimee cuddled into him and sighed. Not knowing how it was all about to come crashing down around them with a return from Aimee's past.