Thirty Nine

Aimee had no words at all. Her ex boyfriend from years ago had turned up. He had told Simon how they were married. But she wasn't. She had never been married to anyone at all.

Things had been hard lately. Especially since her ex had turned up. She didn't know what to think. But she knew it wasn't true. She was happily in a relationship with Simon. And nothing would change that.

She knew how Simon had been a little offish with her. But she could understand it. She knew he was apprehensive about what had happened.

Aimee didn't want this to come between them. Knowing how they had a baby on the way and they had April together. She didn't want the tense atmosphere around their little girl.

Aimee knew all she and Simon had been through. She had delivered their son early and had lost him. Which she knew had been hard. But they were getting through it together.

Aimee didn't want to lose him all because of some lies an ex of hers was saying. It wasn't going to happen. She just needed to prove to Simon that he could trust her.

All she knew was that it was harder than she would have liked at the moment. And she just needed to make it all seem okay. And she was going to do all she could to make it work.

Morning came and she walked into the living room. Simon was there with April. She looked to them both and smiled. "Hey. How are you both?" She asked.

Simon nodded. He kissed April's head and walked over to her. "We need to talk. About your ex. And what he's saying. He is under the impression you're married."

Aimee shook her head. "No. I'm not. I've never been married to him in my life. We were engaged yes. But when we broke up, I ended the engagement," she told him.

Simon looked to her and nodded. But he didn't know what to believe.

***
Aimee and Simon went into work. Simon walked off as Hannah walked over to Aimee. "Hey. How's that going?" She asked.

Aimee shook her head. "My ex. The one I told you about. He turned up. And he told Simon that he and I are married. Safe to say there's been a lot of tension in the air with us," she told her.

Hannah's eyes widened. "Oh my god. Are you okay?"

"I have to be. I have April to think of. And the baby. But this has just made things impossible. Anyway, has Max come out of his tantrum?" Aimee asked.

"For now. Are you okay? 100% are you okay?" Hannah asked.

"I have to be."

***
Aimee was sitting in her classroom. She looked up as Jason walked in. She frowned. "What the hell are you playing at? Telling Simon we're married. No we're not. We have never been. We were engaged. And that's it," she said.

Jason smiled. "Oh it's fine. You'll come back to me. And then we'll be happy together. We can raise the baby together."

Aimee looked to him. She shook her head. "You're delusional. We're never going to be together again. And you know why," she said as she went to walk out.

Jason grabbed her and smiled. "We'll be together again soon. Once he's out the way. I'll see to that," he told her.

Aimee frowned as he walked out. But Aimee had no idea the danger that Simon was in.