Fourteen

Aimee woke up and frowned to herself as she saw that the bed was empty. She sat up and ran a hand through her hair. She spotted a note on the side and grabbed it. She rolled her eyes as she saw Simon had left and gone to work early. Aimee was annoyed. He had been working a lot and she felt as if she hardly seen him and felt as if he wasn't there to help with April either. Aimee sighed as she sent Hannah a text asking her to meet for coffee. Aimee knew that she needed to speak to someone about Simon, he was driving her  mad. Aimee sighed as she heard April crying. She stood up and picked April from her cot and smiled "its okay baby, I got you and daddy is a tool" Aimee said as she comforted a fussy April and looked down at her and smiled.

***

Aimee got to work later that morning and smiled as she saw Hannah. She looked to her and smiled. Aimee noticed that Hannah was off and looked to her "are you okay?" Aimee asked Hannah who sighed and looked to her "I'm fine, I'm just annoyed max and I had a huge fight" Hannah said as Aimee looked to her and smiled "are you okay?" Aimee asked Hannah who nodded. Hannah knew that as much as she wanted to tell Aimee what max had told her over Simon cheating, she couldn't. Aimee was her best friend and the last thing that Hannah wanted to do was hurt her. Aimee walked into the staffroom and started to make herself a coffee as Hannah looked to her and smiled "are you okay?" Hannah asked as Aimee sat sipping on her coffee "I've been better, I can't keep doing this with Simon" Aimee said as Hannah smiled to her.

"You can make it work" Hannah said as Aimee chuckled "that's a joke right? I never see him, he's never there and I feel as if I am raising April alone and I can't do this for much longer" Aimee said as Hannah looked to her and smiled. "Don't give up" Hannah said as Aimee nodded. Hannah walked into the office and looked to max "what is it?" Max asked as Hannah looked to him and sighed "I can't keep doing this max, I can't lie to Aimee. She's my best friend and I don't want to lie to her" Hannah said as max sighed "Simon is my mate too" "and he cheated and it's not fair" Hannah said as max sighed "don't say anything, I'll talk to simon" max said as Hannah nodded.

***

Later Aimee sat in her classroom as Simon walked in and smiled "I know I haven't been there for you since you had April, but I want to make it up to you" Simon said as Aimee looked to him and smiled "how?" She asked as he walked over to her and grabbed her waist and pulled her to him and smiled "how do you feel if we get married, in four weeks?" He asked as she looked to him and smirked "sure" she said as she wrapped her arms around his neck and smirked "I'd love too" she said as she kissed him. Unaware how things would tear apart on their wedding day...