Thirty Eight

Aimee knew how she and Simon had been trying to make their relationship work. It had been hard since their baby had died.

Aimee's main focus was April. And making sure she was happy and healthy. Simon just wanted to be a good father. He felt as though it was his fault for Bobby dying.

The two of them had been doing all they could to make sure April never knew the sadness that went on.

They had told her how she was going to be having a little brother. But he got poorly so went to the angels.

April didn't understand it of course. But she knew that she wasn't going to be getting her little brother. Only her sister.

Aimee knew how she didn't want her little girl to be curious. She wanted her to have nothing but happiness and love.

The little family that Aimee had meant everything to her. She didn't want to let it get ruined. Not again.

Simon was the love of her life. And she wanted to keep him. He meant everything to her. Despite how things had been.

All she knew was that she was going to do all she could to make it work. And be the best mum that her kids deserved.

Morning came and she woke in bed. April was asleep next to her. Simon walked in with crumpets. He smiled. "Hey. Figured I'd make you breakfast in bed. You know, cause I love you."

Aimee smiled. "Aw babe. Thank you. How long has she been here?" She asked.

"Not long. She woke about five am. Came and woke me up. I got out of bed. She got in," Simon told her.

Aimee nodded. She kissed April's head and looked to Simon. "Get back in bed then."

Simon slipped off his dressing down but left on his pyjama bottoms. He looked to Aimee. "I love you. And i love the family that we're making."

"I love you too. And I love the babies you've given me."

"Good. I'll happily give you more once baby girl is here."

***
Aimee and Simon went into work. Simon kissed her lips passionately before he walked off with April. Aimee made her way over to Hannah. "Morning."

"Hey."

Aimee frowned. "Are you okay? You don't look yourself."

Hannah sighed. "Max and I had a huge fight. He stormed out. And I haven't seen him since. He told me that he didn't want me or Autumn anymore. Thankfully she's with my aunt," she told her.

Aimee frowned. She looked to her. "Han. I'm sorry. Do you know what started it?" She asked.

Hannah shook her head. "He just took his bad mood out on me. I'm okay though. I'm a big girl. Not the first time he's walked away from me," she said.

***
Aimee was sitting in her classroom. She looked up as Simon walked in. He looked unhappy. "Babe. What's happening?" She asked.

Simon sighed. "There's someone here. He says he's your husband."

Aimee frowned. But she had no idea that this was all about to come crashing down around her. And it would drive a huge wedge between her and Simon.