Reunited🥀

Monica's pov

Monica's pov

"Mommy, can you put my bow in. Mama kept sticking me.." Mya said.

I turned to see her standing in the doorway of Brandy and I's shared bathroom holding a bow.

"Yeah, come here. You look gorgeous.." I said, picking her up and placing her on the counter.

"Thank you mommy.." She smiled as I placed the in front of her ponytail.

"Mommy! Mommy!" I heard Mazi yell as he came running into the room.

"Yes and please stop running before you fall." I answered.

"Sorry, but Mama was trying to make breakfast and I don't want a tummy ache before school." He whined.

"Okay, I'll stop her.." I laughed. He smiled and ran out the room. I could've sworn I just told him not to do that, but okay.

"Alright, I'll meet you downstairs. I have to go get Benji." I kissed her cheek and helped her off the counter before we left out the room.

It felt like they were just born yesterday now they were in kindergarten making and talking in complete sentences. It was both rewarding yet sad as a parent.

Not much has changed in five years except that our family expanded by one. After decided on the twins first birthday that we would have another child we started to work on it at our own pace.

Unfortunately, the IUI didn't go as smoothly as it went the first time around. We ended up having about two failed attempts at getting pregnant leaving Brandy very frustrated and I understood. So for months after we decided we weren't going to do it anymore.

After some months we had a moment where we really saw hope and decided to try again. Leaving Brandy to give birth to our son, Benji.

I walked into his room and started to pick out his clothes for the day. I crouched down and gently tapped him awake. His eyes blinked open and he started to stretch his arms out.

"Good morning, Benji." I said, rubbing his forehead and he just smiled before extending his arms signaling for me to pick him up.

I picked him up and got him ready before heading downstairs. As soon as I made it downstairs Mazi was running straight toward me.

"Mommy, Mama's food is actually good. I don't feel sick.." Mazi said out of breath. I laughed and wiped the corner of his mouth.

"Mazi, stop getting up from the table. You don't have that much time left to eat.." I heard Brandy yell from the kitchen.

I ushered him into the kitchen and said "Don't be yelling at my son early in the morning.."