Breakin' My Heart🥀

A/N: Sorry for the long wait I kept deleting and rewriting but I'm going to get back to just uploading. Hope y'all enjoy!🫶🏾

Monica's pov

"Mya you don't like any of these?" I asked as I pointed to the dresses in the small store.

"No. Why can't I just wait for mama?" She whined while pouting.

"Because you need to get this dress as soon as possible so we can take your graduation pictures.." I sighed.

"Is it that you don't like the dresses or you want to wait for your mom?"

"I wanna wait for mama but I do like the pink one.." She said pointing to the soft blushed colored dress.

"Okay so how about we get it and then you can show mama later?"

"But what if she doesn't like it?" I took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"How about we call her?" I asked and I watched her face light up in excitement.

I pulled out my phone to call Brandy before my phone started ringing and I realized she was calling me.

"You need to pay rent in my head.." I said after the FaceTime connected and I seen her face.

"What?" She laughed before setting the camera up on the sound board inside the studio.

"I was literally about to call you... Mya go try the dress so you can show mama." She nodded before going behind the curtain.

"Your daughter refuses to buy a dress unless you say it's pretty so say it's pretty so I can get the hell out of this store.." I smiled.

"Just buy the dress. I don't even know why you letting her play you like this.." She laughed and I shook my head.

"I'm not dealing with her attitude over a dress and it took two second to get you on the phone so.." I shrugged.

"You mean your attitude?" She laughed again and I just glared at her.

"Shut up. You're the reason she acts like this anyway.."

"Mya runs the house and that's not my fault.." She lied. It was definitely her fault and maybe I had a small part in it but she was the main reason.

"Then who's is it?" I asked and she got quiet. "Exactly.." I added just as Mya came out in her dress.

I turned the camera around and watched as Mya showed the dress off with a model walk. Once she got Brandy's stamp of approval we were finally able to buy the dress and go home.

••
Later that day...

"Okay anything else?" I asked, Toya, as I stared at the list I wrote out for the charity event.

"If I think of something else I'll just add it later... you added me to the spreadsheet right?"

"Yeah." I nodded after I checked the google spreadsheet.

"Alright then we're all set.." She said and I nodded closing my MacBook.

I groaned as I relaxed into the dining room chair. We fell into silence the only noise in the house was from our kids who making it known they were excited to see each other.

My phone vibrated against the table and I got excited thinking Brandy as I lunged to grab it. Only to be disappointed seeing it was in fact not her but Shannon.

He's been blowing up my phone for the past week about a damn play date. I thought he would've gotten the hint by now, but clearly he hasn't.

"Remember me saying this because I'll never say it again but you were right... play date or not I should've never gave that nigga my number."