Never Too Much🥀

2 weeks later...
Monica's pov

I tip-toed through Brandy's home office with my tape measure so I could get the measurements I needed. I was planning to surprise her and remodel it for her because lately she's been saying she's tired of the design.

I knew this weekend would be the perfect time to do it because she had her first meeting in LA for Dancing with the Stars. I wanted this to be a complete surprise so I was working my hardest to not seem suspicious.

I measured the window size for the new curtains and then I measured some of the wall space. I took note of the measurements on the phone and then I was finally about to leave out.

I opened the door just as she was about to open it and I quickly hid the measuring tape behind my back.

"What you doing in here?" She laughed and moved into her office. I slowly turned so I was standing where she previously stood.

"Nothing. I was looking for you and now I've found you so—bye" I smiled and ran off before she couldn't question me further.

I walked to our bedroom and sat in the couch that was inside before grabbing my laptop. Once I sent the measurements over to the interior designer I hired I started looking at some of the color samples she sent.

I heard our door open and in ran Mazi with Mya not far behind chasing him. "Mommy, she's gonna get me!" Mazi yelled as he climbed onto the couch and attempted to use me as a human shield.

"What are y'all doing?!" I yelled as Mya tried to climb up the couch after him.

"He drew on my dolls face!" She yelled as I held her back. "Mya chill out! Sit down... if y'all can't play nicely with each other then you won't play at all.."

"But mommy—" Mazi started before I cut him off to speak again "—But nothing. Apologize for drawing in her doll.."

"I'm sorry, My My.."

"Thank you. Mya, what do we say?"

"It's okay.." She pouted and looked down at her fingers. "Alright, now get out Mazi and leave your sister alone. And Mya go get your doll so I can see if I can get the marker off.."

They both walked out and Mya came back shortly after with her doll that had blue marker all over it's face.

"You know where the yellow wipes are under the bathroom sink?" I asked her and she nodded before going to get them. Once she got back I wiped the dolls face with the Clorox wipe and watched as the marker faded.

"See, good as new.." I said and she smiled brightly before giving me a hug.

"Thanks mommy."

"You're welcome.." I smiled and I watched as she skipped out the room. I grabbed my phone, scrolling on it for a while before going back to looking at the samples.

I heard the door open again and sighed knowing it was probably one of my kids. I heard sniffling and sat straight up seeing Benji rubbing his eyes.

"What's wrong, Baby boy?" I pouted as I held my arms out for him. "Tummy hurt.." he whined and I scooped him in my arms immediately feeling how warm he was.

I held him closely to my chest as I rubbed his stomach with one hand and texted Brandy with the other. Brandy replied to the text and stunted the corner into the room with the forehead thermometer soon after.

"Aww poor baby.." She pouted as she bent down and placed the thermometer on his forehead.

The thermometer beeped and she turned it around to show it one hundred and one. That wasn't bad enough to go to the doctors but it was bad enough for us to be cautious.