4 page letter🥀

1 month later...
Monica's pov

"Morning everybody it's DJ Envy, Angela Yee, and Charlemagne tha God! We are the Breakfast Club and we got a special guest in the building! Monica!"

"Hey, happy to be here even though I feel like Lenard about to try me.." I laughed, pointing at Charlemagne.

"Not the government!" He yelled.

"She done went Monique on you!" DJ Envy laughed.

"Envy trying to start already!" Angela Yee finally added.

"But you have an album coming out or is it out right now?" Charlemagne transitioned as the laughter died down.

"It's out right now everywhere.. Still Standing.."

"That's wassup, congratulations! So what can you say about this album. What was the inspiration? What does this project mean to you?" Angela asked.

"It's reflecting on everything I've been through and proving that I only get stronger. Everything that I've gone through has only made me grow and improve in all aspects of my life but especially my artistry..."

"I love that. I even had the chance to listen to some of it on my way in this morning and it's really good. You can tell you really put your all in to it and even stepped outside of what people might consider your comfort zone.." She replied.

"Thank you and yes that's exactly what it was all about.."

"So, can we expect any shows or a possible tour in the future?" Envy asked.

"I'll just say to stay tuned..."

"So what I'm hearing is I can expect my tickets in the mail." Charlemagne chimed in.

"No, you can definitely not expect anything in the mail from me." I said back smartly to which he laughed.

••
After that interview I went to another radio interview for V103 morning show.

The press for this album had only just begun and I was already exhausted. I forgot how much goes into making an album and then promoting it, but it was worth it.

After I was finished the last interview I got something to eat before going back to my hotel and breaking away from my team.

I couldn't wait to go to sleep. I'd been up for a while between traveling and back to back interviews. I got undressed while answering some emails, text, and reposted some fans on social media.

I yawned, stretching my arms and decided it was time to go to sleep. Finally. I laid in the bed and as soon as I closed my eyes I heard phone ring causing me to groan.

I was annoyed until I saw it was Brandy and a smiled replaced the annoyed frown.

"MONICA!" She yelled as soon as I answered the phone causing me to sit up immediately.

"Yes! What's wrong?"

"I'm in distress!" She yelled as I looked closer to see her walking holding onto her wig.

"Your wig is crooked.." I laughed at Brandy as she tried to use the FaceTime camera to shift her wig.

"I'm so pissed right now. I gotta go back to hair and makeup because my clumsy ass fell out my trailer."

I sucked my lips into my mouth as I tried not to laugh. "How did you—" I paused my sentence letting out the laugh I was holding in.

"—How did you fall out your trailer?" I finally finished.