My life🥀

A week later...
Monica's pov

"Come on, Bouj... you gotta tell me something." I said as I sat next to Brandy on our bed. I rubbed her back in comfort before she moved over and removed my hand.

"I just said I was done talking.." She said as she picked up her phone again. 

A whole week later and she still refused to talk about it with anyone. She wouldn't go to therapy, she wouldn't talk to me, her doctors, our friends, no one.

Beginning to worry would be an understatement. I couldn't leave her side for second because I was so worried she might try to hurt herself. I've never seen her this depressed and I didn't blame her for being that way but I just wished she would talk to someone.

"Okay, so how about we text?" I suggested.

She looked at me briefly before looking back down to her phone. The next thing I knew my phone dinged from inside my back pocket. I lifted my butt off the bed and slid it out to read her message.

••

Bouj🫶🏾: I DONT WANT TO TALK

: Oh well you can lower your letters when talking to me.

••

"Monica, why are you playing?" I heard her sigh as I awaited her response through text.

"I'm not playing. I'm just trying to lift your spirits. I'm so sorry that what happened, happened to you and I should've been there—"

"—it's not your fault." She cut me off to say and I paused hoping she would say more but when silence fell between us again, I sighed.

"And it's not your fault either.." I reminded her.

"It is though. I didn't take it serious and then— never mind.." She sniffed quickly and went back to burying her face into her phone.

"Take what serious, the notes?" I asked and she stayed silent as I studied her face.

There was a lot she wasn't saying and I've been walking on eggshells around it and her because I didn't want to push her too far. She was still in a fragile state and the last thing I wanted was for her to not speak to me at all.

"Brandy, what aren't you telling me because I'm confused... you said at the hospital you didn't know the two were connected so I know you aren't saying that the people who did this were also behind the notes.." I said and was met with more silence causing me to be even more frustrated.

"Please talk to me.." I sighed as I stared at her. She was still refusing to look at me but her eyes were welling up with tears.

My heart broke just looking at her. I wish I couldn't take all her pain and give it to me. Besides I didn't think anything could be more painful then watching her go through this right now.

"I t-talked you out of killing him once... I don't think I can do it again.." My brows furrowed together as I tried to understand what she meant until it dawned on me.

Ray J.

"No he didn't.." She finally looked up at me with a nod and I nodded back in confirmation as I stood up.