Be without you🥀

Continued...
Monica's pov

"Hey.." I spoke as I walked father into the room. She waved, lazily not taking her eyes off the t.v. I kept walking towards the bathroom only to stop at the door as I contemplated.

'Should I say something?' I thought to myself. 'What could I even say?' I also thought. I had no clue how to go about this. I've been wrong before but I've never been this wrong.

When I tried to give her space yesterday that was wrong. Whatever I said last night clearly wasn't enough and I couldn't blame her because it wouldn't be enough for me either. I just couldn't come up with the words to save my life.

So with nothing coming to mind I grabbed the handle and twisted just as she spoke up. "You wanna talk?" She asked.

I kept my head turned away from her as I looked down at the knob in my hand. I wasn't quite sure if I heard her correctly or not.

"Hm?" I asked as I turned around to find her no longer staring at the t.v as it was now off.

"I said, do you want to talk?"

"Sure.." I nodded and walked towards the bed, sitting on the edge, and giving her my attention.
She did the same causing us to fall into silence only to start talking at the same time once we noticed.

"You can go.." We spoke again simultaneously.

"Okay rock, paper, scissors.." Brandy sighed at placing her fist on top of her hand.

"Bran—"

"Come on..." She cut me off with a chuckle before we started to play. We did best out of three and I won which I was grateful for because I still had no clue what to say.

"Okay, I won so you go first.." I said and she nodded slowly before the silence started to linger again. Okay, maybe I wasn't the only one who didn't know what to say.

She sighed loudly before breaking the silence.

"When I woke up this morning I felt attacked by all the information that you told me last night. I was angry because I felt like you didn't even care enough to tell me when it first happened.."

"I didn't think it would escalate to that point but you're right I didn't care enough to tell you because I didn't want to have to deal with being in the wrong..."

"So not being in the wrong is more important then being upfront with me? What happened to no secrets? You tiptoed around this information for months without a word.."

"It wasn't on purpose. I didn't like him ever so I didn't see the point in bringing up a hug and number exchange that I only did so the kids could have a play date with his daughter. Everything was innocent until it wasn't but on his end not mine.."

"Yeah I'm understanding all of that but I'm having a hard time being in a forgiving mood when you refuse to take accountability for your part!" She yelled catching me off guard.

"How have I not—" I paused in pinched the bridge of my nose before taking a deep breath. I could feel myself wanting to raise my voice but I needed desperately to refrain from that happening.

"— I'm sorry Brandy.. I didn't ever want to hurt you and I take accountability for the fact that I did. It was stupid to think this wouldn't come full circle and hurt you. All I can do is apologize and ask how I can help you forgive me.." I sighed and watched her face closely.

She looked back up at me briefly before taking a deep breath. Identical to the one I took a few moments ago leaving me nervous.

What if she wanted a divorce? What if I ruined my marriage over a dumb ass exchange with a man I barely knew?