Heard It All Before🥀

Monica's pov

Monica's pov

I heard my phone ringing and quickly connected it to the car after realizing it was Toya.

"Hello.."

"Hey, what you doing?" She asked and I told her I was driving before I heard Tiny and Kandi's voices realizing they were also on the call.

"Anyway I called to tell y'all about y'all friend because she ran off last night before I could address it.." Toya said.

"Who?" Tiny asked.

"Monica." She replied. I scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion. "What did I do?"

"You were flirting with that basketball player."

"Ooo wait which one the one that's eyeing her down." Kandi asked.

"Why are you saying 'ooo' like it's tea? Kandi please." Tiny laughed. "I'm not I'm just trying to see who she was flirting with.."

"I wasn't flirting with anybody.."

"Girl bye! Y'all she was close was hell to him, they hands stayed together after she shook it, AND they hugged" She said.

"She quiet so that must be the truth..." Kandi laughed.

"I'm so confused.. " Tiny asked.

"When are you not?" Kandi asked and I fought the urge to laugh. "Oh, Kandi fuck you!" Tiny yelled before hanging up.

I hoped that was enough distraction for them to leave me alone but they didn't miss a beat getting right back to me.

"Anyway Monica what to you have to say for yourself.." Toya asked.

"It wasn't like that or at least I didn't mean for it to be like that. I don't even remember his name..."

"Hm.." They both responded probably not convinced with my response.

"I don't like how Toya called my phone to lie on me.." I added.

"Would you rather I called Brandy or?" Toya asked.

"No, I would rather you stop acting like I cheated or something."

"Well if Brandy smiled in someones face like that you would consider it cheating.." She responded.

"No I wouldn't. I would consider the context first at least..." I said.

"Girl bye! It's too early in morning to be lying..." Kandi chimed in.

"How? I wouldn't be mad." I said and was met with silence.

"Okay Mo, we believe you.." Toya sighed.

"Mmcht— no y'all don't for whatever reason y'all actually think I would cheat. Come on that's not me at all.."

"No, I don't think you would cheat but I do think you wanted to piss Brandy off." Toya said.