Forgive Me🥀

1 week later..
Brandy's pov

"Hello, Ms. Norwood.." Our security at the gate said through the intercom. After the notes and me getting jumped we decided to get Security at our gate so we could have a better sense of who was getting in and out.

We lived in a gated community but our house wasn't directly surrounded by others and it was enclosed by a separate gate. For instance when we walk over to Toya's house we have to walk through the gate and then walk down and turn the corner before we can even see her house.

I also traveled with security more regularly now per Monica's request which was pretty annoying but I knew it was necessary.

"Hi Dave... is everything okay? I heard the gate but I was in the shower.."

"Uh— you're mother is at the gate and she's refusing to leave until she talks to you. I just wanted to know how you wanted me to handle this.." He said and I furrowed my brows.

"My mom or Monica's?" I asked. There was no way my mom was here and if she was that was going to be a big issue. We gave them strict instructions on who wasn't permitted through the gate and she was at the top of the list.

"Your mother ma'am... She's parked her car at the gate and is refusing to move.."

"Uh— okay, let me call my wife and then I'll let you know. As long as she isn't causing a scene right now. I'll get her to leave.." I ended our conversation before reaching for my phone to call Monica.

I let her know what was going on and she quickly said she was on her way. In the mean time I got dressed and walked towards our gate.

As I approached I saw the gate was still closed and I spotted my mother telling off Dave. Just as I walked up I noticed Monica's car pulling up behind my mom's. I finally made it all the way behind the closed gate as Monica got out the car.

"Dave, open the gate.." She said leaving me confused. Why was she trying to let her in?

I already had a good feeling why she wanted to talk and that was the last thing I needed right now. My anxiety surrounding everything was finally starting to die down and now this happens.

"Mo, what are you doing?"

"She wants to talk then let's talk.." She said before getting back in her car. My mother did the same with an arrogant smirk and I turned around walking back to the house.

Whatever Monica had up her sleeve I knew wouldn't stop my mother from doing what she did best. Start shit.

I made it to the front door and walked through making sure to leave it open as I waited for them to get out their cars.

Monica walks up first telling me to calm down because I was visibly tense, right before my mom, who was close behind her, walked over getting straight into what she came here for.

"We have been through a lot throughout the years but I thought you would be able to put your differences aside and hear me out.." She said and I stood frozen not uttering one word.

"Hear you out about what?" Monica asked for me as I seemed to lose the ability to speak.

"Does she speak for you?" My mother asked not taking her eyes off of me.

"It doesn't matter—" Monica started before I gently placed my hand on her shoulder to stop her.

"—No she doesn't, but I'm not so sure what I should be saying right now? Why did you even come here?" I said as finally finding my voice.

"I just lost your brother and it made me realize that I lost you a long time ago. I had two kids and now it feels like I have none.."

"And that's your fault so again, why are you here?" I asked as I folded my arms across my chest. My anxiety was long gone and replaced with anger.