Love Drought🥀

Brandy's pov

You ever go to sleep at peace with a situation and then you go to sleep, thinking about it even more only to wake up mad as hell.

That's what happened to me. I couldn't shake this feeling.I felt betrayed. She lied to me for basically months and now it's all supposed to okay because she didn't actually cheat. Her integrity meant nothing to me seeing as she couldn't be bothered to tell me.

As I woke up early that morning and the anger sat in I couldn't do anything but get up and rush out the door.

I walked down the hallway and tried to move downstairs as quiet as possible so I didn't wake anyone up. I made it successful outside and jumped into my car.

I had no clue where I was going but I knew I had to get out of here. I needed to take my mind off of things. I thought about calling my therapist but being that it was six in the morning I decided against it and just started driving.

Hours past and I didn't even know where I was at this point. I took a bunch of back roads and went past areas I haven't even seen in my years of living here.

I didn't mind though. I planned to drive until I physically couldn't anymore. As of right now the driving was having the opposite effect of what I hoped for. I could only feel more angry as I thought about it more.

Truthfully, it wasn't the situation itself that bothered me the most. It was how she handled it. She barely seemed concerned with how angry I was.

I made her feel that it was comfortable to treat me that way but I still couldn't fully blame myself. She should know that wasn't okay and 'I'm sorry' just wasn't cutting it anymore.

I checked the time and grew suspicious that I hadn't gotten a call yet, but as if on cue my phone began to ring. I ignored the first few calls but by the forth one I groaned loudly and gave in. I pressed the call on my car and waited for it to connect.

"Hello.."

"Hey, did you go to store or something?" She asked.

"Yeah I'm on my way back now.."

"Oh okay. What store did you—" I hung up before she could finish. She's lucky she got that much out of me.

I grabbed my phone out the cup holder and placed it on do not disturb before deciding I should probably head back home.

I stopped for some gas on the way before starting the journey home. I soon realized how far I drove from home. It took me about an hour to get back, but at least I felt a bit better. I was less angry than before and I actually felt a certain calmness knowing I was going home to see my kids. As for their mother well that was a whole different story.

I got out of my car and walked toward the front door. I unlocked it and walked into the house immediately hearing the kids.

I walked in the opposite direction of them and went upstairs to the bedroom to grab a few things. I successfully grabbed things to shower and change before going into the guest room.

I was able to shower without being bothered and took my time once I was out to get dressed before walking out to find the kids.I walked around everywhere and they were nowhere to be found. I went downstairs to find Monica in the living room and immediately asked where they were.

"Where are the kids?"

"Good morning to you too... and my mom came to get them. Something about us keeping her grandchildren away from her.."

"Oh" I simply replied before turning around towards the kitchen.

"Where'd you go this morning?" She asked from behind me as I finally made it into the kitchen.