Pray You Catch Me🥀

Monica

"What the hell?!" I yelled as my phone finally connected after being taken off of airplane mode and seen the dozen of messages that flooded my screen.

I had messages and calls Toya and numerous missed calls from the Hospital. I quickly fumbled with my phone as I called the hospital back.

Whatever was going on had to have something to do with Brandy. With everything she told me earlier and the absence of even a single message told me everything I needed to know.

They picked up on the third ring and I immediately asked what was going on. My heart beated out my chest as the nurse told me virtually nothing but I needed to get there as soon as possible.

I knew she couldn't tell me what happened over the phone so all I could know was my wife was in there and I needed to get there as fast as I could.

"Mommy, what's wrong?" Mazi asked as I lifted him into the car quickly and buckled in.

"Nothing. Mommy's fine.." I punched his cheek and his worried expression faded into a smile.

I got in beside him and my driver drove to the hospital. I asked him politely to get there as fast as possible and then I pulled out my phone again to call Toya.

She answered with a brief pleasantry "Hey sis, I just called because I couldn't get in contact with Brandy. Do you know where she is?"

"The hospital. I don't know what's going but I'm on my way there now.." I said as I tried not to cry.

I knew I should've came home this morning. I couldn't help but think I could've some how prevented all of this. I felt sick to my stomach thinking about how scared she sounded on she phone earlier.

"Oh my God—what happened?"

"I-I don't know... the nurses wouldn't tell me over the phone but I think somebody might of hurt her..."

"I can't not believe this— do you want me to meet you?" She said. "Uh— can you just come get Mazi. He's confused but I'm trying not to cry so he doesn't freak out.."

"Okay.. I'm about to get everybody in the car and head over now.."

"Okay see you.." I said before clearing my throat and hanging up. I looked back up noticing we were in traffic and groaned.

As if I needed anymore anxiety it took us almost an hour to get to the hospital when it should've only taken about twenty minutes. The only bright side to getting stuck in traffic was that Toya arrived at the same time and I was able to leave Mazi with her.

Now with everything sorted all I had to do was go see what happened. Of course I was anxious for the worst but I couldn't waste anymore time.

"Hi, I got a call that my wife was admitted and they couldn't tell me anything over the phone.."

"Okay, what's your wife's name?"

"Brandy Norwood"

"Ah, yes! She was brought in a couple hours ago with multiple fractures, lacerations, and injuries. She's in room 356... but she's under a temporary sedative that should wear off in a couple of hours."

I tried to control my emotions as I took everything in do I could ask the important questions. "Is she going to be okay? And why was she sedated?"

"I can page the doctor on call to give you a more thorough explanation on everything but I do know she was sedated because when she came in she was very hysterical. She was yelling and attacking some of the male staff here.." She explained.