All the Way Home🥀

A/N: updating twice because the last one was short..

3 days later...
Brandy's pov

"Hi everyone.." I spoke as I entered the conference room.

Production called a all cast and crew meeting to discuss some changes that would be happening. I wasn't sure why this couldn't be sent in an email but nonetheless I was here.

I scanned the room looking for Lauren because she was the only person I actually talked too outside of work. I immediately found her and took the empty seat next to her.

"Hey girl... you know what this about?"

"No I don't know, but I hope it goes by fast..." I sighed.

"Alright everyone! Thank you for coming! We have some changes that will be made pertaining the future of production." Mara, one of our producers, said.

"So, for starters filming has been going great so we can all give ourselves a round of applause for that!" She announced and we all clapped.

"However, there will be some locations changes. As we all know we previously were using the Atlanta studio and since moved here to L.A. Production has decided that with the reminder of the season it is better that we return to the Atlanta studio permanently... We understand this is not an ideal situation but it's what we have to do... any questions"

Someone raised there hand to ask if this meant production would be extended to which she answered 'yes'.

All I could do was smile. I didn't care if we had to extend filming into the next year, I was going home. Finally.

"So, when you going home?" Lauren asked.

"Tomorrow! I don't care if I have to run.."

"You wouldn't make it 1 mile.." She laughed causing me to push her.

••
The next day...

I sighed as I continued to pack my things and it was exhausting. I hadn't realized how much stuff I not only brought with me, but the things that I bought while I was there.

Once I was finished I laid back down and set my alarm so I would be on time for my flight.

I decided not to tell Monica so I could surprise her. I couldn't wait to get home and finally be with my family.

I eventually fell asleep and woke up the next morning a couple minutes before my alarm went off. I got up, got ready for the day, and made sure I had everything packed before I made my way to the airport.

Four hours later I was off the plane and on my way too my house. I knew no one would be home because it was two in the afternoon.

By the time I made it to the house it was 2:30 and I immediately took my suitcase to the laundry room. I didn't put it in the washer though. I planned to convince Monica to do it for me somehow.

I then went into our room and got out of my clothes I traveled in so I could wash the flight off of me. Once I was finished I got out and got redressed.

••

The gate alarm went off and was disarmed signaling someone came through the gate. I jumped up from my place on the couch and went to the door to see Monica's car pulling into the driveway.

"Mama!" The twins yelled in unison as they rushed out of the car. I met them half way hugged them both.

The ran into me with so much force that I almost tumbled back against the pavement. I told them both how much I missed them before going to the car to grab Benji from his car seat.