Girlfriend🥀

3  months laterBrandy's pov

3  months later
Brandy's pov

"Okay, sing this line for me.." I told Mya as I pointed to the lyrics in front of me.

I listened as she started singing the line from her place on my lap, beautifully. I was beaming with pride as she did so.

"Good job, princess! Try it with music this time.."

She nodded and I played the track for her and she began to sing the line once again. Mya's been interested in singing lately so it was no surprise when she followed me into the home studio today as soon as she got home from school.

"Great job! Now sing both lines, back to back. Okay?" I said and she nodded once again. I started the track over and gave her a cue before she started to sing the lines.

"I did it Mama.." She giggled and I smiled brightly.

"You did! I'm so proud of you." I kissed her cheek and tickled her side. I heard the door open and spun my chair around just as Monica stepped through the doorway.

"Mya come on so you can get started on your homework.." Monica said and Mya said 'okay' before jumping up to rush out of the door.

"What were y'all up too?" She said from the doorway.

"She came in here and said she wanted to help me sing so I was helping her sing a couple verses.." I replied before turning back toward the mixing board.

"Aww.."

"I might let her do background vocals on a song in the future, but you know how you daughter gets so we have take it slow.."

"I don't know I think she'd be serious about it especially because she's doing it with you." She replied and I nodded as I jotted something on my notebook really quick.

I looked back up and Monica was now right by my chair. I took a good look at her and laughed before wrapping my arm around her waist. I pulled her closer to me and she brought her hands to rest on the top of my chair.

"Why do you always have my stuff on?" I laughed as I tugged on my hoodie she was wearing.

"It's comfortable and I thought I was grabbing one of mine but this one came out instead.." She shrugged.

"Mmhm—at least you look good in it." I said before pulling the strings of her hoodie until her lips were inches away from me. I loved when she wore my clothes but it wouldn't be like me if I didn't complain at least a little bit.

I kissed her lips, softly and she immediately returned the sentiment, letting her hand slide behind my head into my hair. My hand that was around her waist slid under her hoodie as I rubbed her skin.

"Mm—I gotta help the twins with their homework." She whispered as she pulled back.

"I'll come help.." I groaned as she helped me out the chair.