The Kids Are Alright🥀

11 years later

11 years later...
Mya's pov

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"What?!" I yelled as I placed my cup onto my night stand.

"Excuse me?" My mommy said as she pushed my door open. "Oh—sorry Benji won't leave me alone about helping him with his math homework.."

"It's okay. I figured you didn't know who was at the door and I'll get your brother a tutor. I just came to tell you dinner was ready because you weren't answering in the group chat.."

"Oh, my phone is on dnd but here I come. Is Mama home yet?" I asked.

"No she's saying she'll be home in the morning but we'll see.." She said and I sighed.

I missed my mama. She's been away working on music in LA for almost a month and I wish I could've went with her. I love all of my family but we have a special bond that has been suffering lately.

"You know I don't get between y'all relationship but she said lately you've been ignoring her calls and text. What's that about?" My mom asked as we left out of my room.

I shrugged before saying "My phone's just been on dnd lately.."

"Well, just call her after dinner, okay?"

"Okay.." I mumbled as we went down the steps.

I really don't want to call her but I now that my mom brought it up to me she's going to be on my case if I don't. I groaned as I made my way to the dining room so I could sit at the table.

I made sure to hit my baby brother on his head as I made my way to sit around the table, because why not?

"Ow! Mommy, Mya hit me.." He yelled and I mouthed 'snitch' to him before sitting down.

"Mya, keep your hands to yourself and Benji I'm not a referee.."

We both got quiet before she asked if we she was clear and we both mumbled 'yeah's' followed by small apologies. Through all of this my twin was quiet as usual.

Mazi and I are polar opposites. He was reserved whereas I was very outgoing and I made no attempts to hide it at all.

It was Benji's turn to pray over the food and after he did, we all started eating. Mommy asked us all about how our day went and we all took turns telling her.

Benji talked about basketball tryouts that were coming up, Mazi talked about soccer and the designs he's been working on lately. When it became my turn I was kind of stuck in what to say.