Chapter 6 The rescue

Katniss pov
I sit huddled with the Hawthornes and Peeta in the bunker as the bombs rain down. The lights flicker, and the ceiling cracks. Peeta has his arm around me, and I'm resting my head on his shoulder. "Mommy," Posey says "I'm scared." "It's alright, sweetie," Hazel says. Pulling Posey into her lap 

I wake up to Boggs shaking my shoulder "Katniss" he says, "Come with me, Peeta too." I wake Peeta, and we follow Boggs out of the bunker to Coins office. "Soldier Everdeen   Soldier Mellark," she says, "please have a seat."
"We need Katniss to shoot another propo to show the districts that the mockingjay is alive and well." What "about Prim," I ask. "Prim saved the lives of many with her warning she has redeemed herself; she is no longer a traitor" We're led outside and the first thing I see is that the entire ground is covered in white roses. "What the hell?" I hear Gale mutter. but I know exactly what it is. "He's using her," I say "Katniss" Peeta says, "Are you okay?" He's doing this because I'm the mockingjay he's punishing Prim to punish me. I only faintly hear Cressida telling me what to say. "He's using her I say" Katniss Gale tells me you can do this "No" I say "I can't I can't do this" I need to get out of here" "Katniss" Cressida says "Don't make me do this!" I shout I have to go I say "let her go" I hear Boggs say. I run down the corridor and to one of my hiding places and start sobbing my heart out Prim. I want her with me so badly right now.
This is all my fault, if I had just eaten those berries and died none of this would've happened, Prim would be safe at home with mom healing patients but because of me she's in the Capital being tortured.
"Damn sweetheart" Haymitch says "We've been looking for you everywhere" "So you're just gonna hide in the vent forever" "I can't be the mockingjay" I mutter. "Not the mockingjay" he says "Just Katniss" "I don't suppose they gave you any kind of medication"? I roll my eyes "You're unbelievable" "Okay" he says. "The reason I came down here is to let you
know they're rescuing your sister" I look up at him in shock. "Really, I have to go help" I say "Woah" He says stopping me, "It's already in motion 6 soldiers volunteer only and guess who was the first two brave soles to sign up" "Gale, and Peeta" I whisper 
He takes me to the command center, and I see Finnick on the screen he's talking about how Snow rose to power and how he used to sell his body to the highest bidder.

Gale pov
We've been walking through the tribute center trying to find the holding cells. "What is this place" I hear Peeta say." Look alive" Boggs says suddenly the room brightens, causing the night vision on our helmets to nearly blind us. I turn down the night vision. " Release the gas" Boggs says instantly the guards collapse unconscious. "The cells are behind this door" he says. He shoots the control panel, and the door opens. The first cell we get to is Prim's; her cell was closest to the door, so she was affected by the gas, too. She looks terrible. She's dangerously thin and covered in scars, burns, cuts, and bruises. I give Peeta my gun and gently lift her up her head falls against my chest. "Come on, Boggs says let's get the other two. "Prim," I whisper to her "it's me Gale, You're safe now,"

Katniss pov, I sit with my mom waiting for the rescue mission to return, "They're back," Haymitch says.

(Crapy photo shop in next chapter)