Chapter 26

Prim pov
"I know where we are!" Cressida says. "I know a place up those stairs." We follow her to a building, and she rapidly knocks on the door. The door flies open, and we rush inside, and Cressida slams the door behind us. I turn to look at the person who opened the door she looks like a tiger with whiskers and sharpened fang. "Tigress: Cressida "says we need your help. " Tigress moves past me and leads us to a cellar door. "I know you. " Katniss says you were a stylist in the games. Tigress nodded. "Until Snow decided that I wasn't pretty enough anymore."I'm here to kill him," Katniss says. Tigress leads us down to her basement and closes the door behind her. "Gale's gonna need stitches," Cressida says. I nod and walk over to them and begin to inspect Gale's wound. "There's nothing to numb the pain Cressida says. "I'll be fine," Gale says. "Just do it."How you doing, Gale?" I ask as I stitch up the gaping wound on his neck. He chuckles. "I'm doing alright," I guess, you?" I shrug."Hanging in there could be better, but it could be worse." "You're lucky," I say. "A couple inches to the right, you would've had a serious problem." I tie off the last stitch and wipe the access blood away. "Okay, you're all done Gale". "Thank you," He says. "Anyone else, need to be looked at?" I ask. Everyone shakes their head. I sit down and run my hand through my hair.

Katniss pov
"It's my fault," I say. "I made it all up there's no special mission from Coin it was only my plan." Everyone that's dead is dead because of me, "I lied."We know Cressida says,"we all knew. " The soldiers from 13?"They knew too. Did you really think Jackson?" thought you had special orders from Coin she trusted Boggs, and he clearly wanted you to go on, " Cressida says. I shake my head. "I never meant for this to happen." I failed, I killed them. "I killed Finnick. I say I'm sorry.' Pollux, I say to the crying avox "I'm so sorry." The war isn't over yet, Katniss. " Prim says you haven't failed yet," Peeta begins to speak. "Glimmer Marvel Mags Clove Wirress, what do all those deaths mean?" They mean that our lives were never really ours. There was never any real life because we didn't have any choice. Our lives belong to Snow, and our deaths do too, but if you kill him, Katniss, if you end all of this. All those deaths they mean something. Jackson Finnick, they chose this they chose you"

"Let me see your wrists," I say to Prim she shows me her wrists, which are all scratched and covered in dry blood from the cuffs. "You should keep these clean," I say, wiping her wrists. Otherwise, they'll get infected. "I'm scared," she says, "of what?" I ask her. "Everything." "My memories are all mixed up. I'm afraid I'm gonna lose control. I'm afraid of what's gonna happen to us. "Are we gonna be okay? " She asks. I pull her to me and hold her against my chest. "Don't worry about it, Little duck," "I won't let Snow hurt you again. Prim may be wise beyond her years, and she may be like a 40 year old in the body of a child, but nonetheless, she still is a child a child who has gone through more in her life than most people ever have. And it's all my fault, I was supposed to protect her from all of this, and I failed.