Chapter 12 Confliction

Prim pov...They showed me Katniss getting shot and it sparked something in me. I went from wanting to kill her to wanting to know if she's okay. The doctors said she's fine. The bullet didn't touch her.

Katniss pov

When Prim requests to see me, I feel so happy yet so nervous at the same time, I walk into her room slowly not wanting to set her off because anything can do that. She looks slightly better, her hair has grown some, her cuts and bruises have healed, and her eyes aren't as clouded as before. "Hey" I say. "Hey" she says. "I watched you die", "You look terrible" for some reason this rubs me the wrong way, "You've looked better" I say she gives me a small glare but keeps going, "When I saw you die, I remembered something about the reaping you volunteered for me" "was that real or not real"? "Real" I say, "I took your place in the 74th Hunger games" "Why?" She asks, "Because I couldn't stand to lose you or for to get hurt, and that's why Snow tortured you, to hurt me" "How do I know that?" Prim says, "How do I know that anything you're saying is true?" Suddenly her eyes go black, and she starts struggling against her restraints "Mutt" she mutters "YOU'RE A MUTT!" "I WANT YOU DEAD!" She screams. I know she doesn't mean it but it still hurts. Three doctors rush in followed by a nurse. The doctors hold Prim down, she fights and screams and while a nurse injects her with the sedative. I rush out of the room, with the realization that this is Prim now.