chapter 7 They're back

Katniss pov

I run down the hall to the hospital ward. and the first thing I see is Johanna emaciated and bald. She rips out her iv and pushes a nurse away. She then looks at me and smirks. "Finnick" I hear I turn and see a young woman with red hair. I recognize her as Annie. "Finnick" she cries "Annie" he cries back they run to one another and embrace and kiss "Gale, Peeta!" I say running towards them I give them each a hug relieved that they're okay, "Where is she" I ask, "She's in there" Gale says. "The gas we used on the guards knocked her out too but it's wearing off now" "She looks pretty bad" Peeta warns "Thank you" I say hugging them again. Mom and I run to Prim's room and open the door she's already awake and sitting up with doctor's taking her blood pressure, "Prim" I say she looks up and I move in front of her and it takes everything in me not to burst into tears, she looks horrible she's emaciated her bones stick out so much that her collar bones are protruding from her shoulders her cheeks are hollowed out her hair is shorn and she has cuts and burns all over. I take a step towards her, that's when she lunges at me and her fingers lock around my throat. She throws me to the ground with a wild murderous look in her eyes, "Prim!" Haymitch shouts "Get off of her!" They manage to pull Prim off but she goes for me again slamming me onto the ground. The last thing I see is Prim being pulled off of me and slammed onto the bed before everything goes black.