Chapter 24

Katniss pov.

Prim sits down on one of the couches. I want to ask if she's okay but before I can the Tv's come Ceasers voice comes over the speakers. "Hello, I'm Ceaser Flickerman, bringing you the latest updates in the war the traitor Katniss Everdeen and her band of foolish rebels have been spotted" It cuts showing all of us running from the oil and Prim about to crack my skull with a rock, I look over at my sister to see that she looks horrified. "Clearly, some alliances even the closest ones don't last forever."   Our pictures begin to flash on the screen with the word deceased written underneath "And now a word from our President"   "Thank you Mr Flickerman Snow says there you have it he says. Katniss Everdeen and her squad are dead let this be a warning to all who try to overcome the power of the capital" the screen goes off and we all just sit there for a few minutes.  "Well," Peeta says "Now that we're dead what happens now"  "Should be obvious."  Prim says "Our next move should be to kill me, I killed one of our squad members. "You were right Katniss, I'm a mutt, I'm not in control"  "One of you needs to kill me" "We're not gonna kill you Prim" Gale says "We'll just have to keep a closer eye on you is all" Prim turns her attention to Jackson. "I want to call my mother to let her know I'm okay" Jackson shakes her head, "I'm sorry solider you can't do that, we can't contact anyone right now."  "I don't want to be called solider!"  Prim shouts angrily "I didn't want to be here in the first place, and I need to get in touch with my damn mom!" "Prim" Jackson says "You need to lower your voice, it's not possible right now but we can try to work something out later" Prim nods slightly satisfied by Jackson's answer. 

"Everdeen" Jackson says "bring up the map" I press a button on the halo and a giant map projects from the halo. "Okay" Peeta says "So we're here.... "Four blocks from the mansion" "With Pods on every corner" Finnick says.  "Pollux knows a way through the sewers" Castor says, "He can lead us down there" "Well" Jackson says, "That settles it, tomorrow morning we head for the sewers" That night I sleep in Peeta's arms night seems to short and day comes too soon. "Alright, everyone," Jackson says. "Let's move out Pollux lead the way." He leads us to the entrance and down to the swears. "He spent years down here. Castor says he didn't see the sun once," 

It takes us all day to reach our destination "okay" Jackson says, "Let's stop here and get some rest." We all sit down on the cold floor leaning against the walls with Jackson watching Prim.  I lean my head on Peeta's shoulder and close my eyes. I'm woken up by Jackson shaking my shoulder. "Your watch," she says.  I crawl over to where Prim is. "You don't have watch me if you don't want too" She says I don't say anything. "You know, when they used, they injected me with the venom they had me strapped down, and they would show me pictures of my life but they changed some of them you got stung too, didn't you?" "In your first games." "Yeah," I say, "I fell into a vat of orange bubbles. Prim nods. "I wish that's all that had happened to me." "But it's not so a lot of good your volunteering did if you even did!" She shouts angrily. "I'm sorry," she says. "Just ignore me. I just don't know what's real and what's not anymore."  "So ask," Finnick says. "That's what Annie does, "I don't have anyone to ask, " Prim says. "Ask us," Jackson says. "We're your unit now."  Prim shook her head. "You don't know me." "I do." I say,"You're my little sister. we've been inseparable since the day you were born. I know you better than anyone"

Prim pov
For some reason I turn to Pollux "They had an avox there" "They force me to watch them cut him up they cut off his arms and then his legs there was no reason for it they just wanted me to see it I begged them to stop but they wouldn't listen"  "He didn't have a tongue obviously, so he just kept screaming and making animal like grunting sounds "What else did they do" Gale asked carefully. "They wanted to know what happened if they injected me with certain medications and drugs" "They experimented on you?" Katniss asks, shocked. "Yeah, some of the injections were painful they burned my insides, others made me vomit when I did, and they'd rub it my face"  "Others paralyzed me, that's when that's when the men would take turns with me" I look up and see everyone looking at me with shocked and horrified expressions.  "I couldn't understand why they were doing it" "They told me I was being punished, but for what?" "Nothing Prim" Gale says. "You didn't do anything wrong. Snow did he's a sick person"