Chapter 18 The wedding

Prim pov

"I promise to love and cherish you each day" Annie says to Finnick it's their wedding day, I was conflicted about coming because I didn't want to have a flashback or an episode and ruin the whole thing, but I know that Annie wanted me to come.

Flashback.

"I don't want to live this way anymore," I say to Annie, "It's too painful, I wish they would just kill me already" "Don't say that" Annie says. "You still have people who need you and are looking forward to you coming back" "And I have Finick" She whispers more to herself than to me. I look up and see her smiling and staring off into space, "Do you love him" I ask. She looks at me and smiles, "Yes very much, it's my dream to get back to him and my dream for him to propose." "If he doesn't, he's an idiot" I say with a halfhearted smile, Annie smiles back at me, "I want you to come to my wedding" She says. "I'll be there" I say.

"I Finick Odair take you Annie cresta as my wife from this day fourth together or apart we will always be united one life on purpose one destiny" "You may kiss the bride" The priest says. The room erupts in applause as Annie and Finnick share their first kiss as husband and wife, I look over at Katniss and see a smile on her face and see she's holding Peeta's hand, I'm glad she has him, I decided not to stand too close to Katniss because I don't exactly trust myself yet. Not that it matters because I'm being watched 24/7. Everyone starts dancing, but I'm not really in the mood so I just sit and watch everyone else dance, Katniss is dancing with Peeta. "Hey" I look up to see Rory I haven't seen much of him since I was brought to 13 he's been my best friend since we were 6. "Hi" I say, He sits down next to me, and it's silent for a few minutes, "How are you doing" He asks genuinely. I shrug, "I don't know, I guess I'm getting better I haven't had any episodes for a few days, at least nothing too serious." "Well, that's good" he says with a smile. "They seem happy" He says, "Your sister and Peeta" "Yeah" I say, "I'm glad they she has him, I think they're good for each other" "Me too" Rory says. "Gale wasn't too happy about it at first, you know he's always loved Katniss" "But he's accepted that she doesn't feel the same way." "I've missed you" He says, "When I saw your interviews and what they were doing to you in the Capital I wanted nothing more than to switch places with you" "I wouldn't want that" I say, "I wouldn't wish any of that on my worst enemy." "But especially not my best friend" He stands and sticks his hand out, "Come on" he says. "You can't not dance at a wedding; it's considered rude you know" "Is not" I say with a laugh. "Come on" he says. gently pulling me up.

Rory pov.

As I dance with Prim I can't help but think about my feelings for her, I like her as more than a friend, but I don't know if she feels the same way, and it doesn't seem the right time to bring it up considering everything she's going through with her hijacking and trauma from her torture in the Capital. Right now I just want to be there for her, whether it's as her boyfriend or as her friend.

Katniss pov
"How's your sister?" Johanna asks. "She's better I guess, I don't really know episodes are still pretty bad" She nods. "We had adjoining cells in the Capital we're very familiar with each other's screams. "They did horrific things to her and she didn't understand why. "She kept asking me and Annie what we did wrong. "I'm going to kill Snow," I say. "Nothing is good while he's alive, and I can't make another speech about it. Johanna giggles, "Now you're talking" "I overheard them talking there's gonna be a transport for medical supplies I was gonna sneak some for myself but I guess I could just stay here and cover for you" I'm about go answer when Peeta comes up to me, "Would you like to dance he asks" he asks. "Don't you want Snow to see you dance?" Johanna asks, nudging me forward with Peeta. Peeta takes my hand and leads me to the dance floor. I have feelings for Peeta. There's no point in denying it. But whether it's love, I'm not ready to say for sure.