Chapter 17 Aftermath

Prim pov.

After we got back from 12, I was taken back to the hospital in 13 thankfully mom convinced them to let me out of my restraints when I'm in my room, but I'm still under constant supervision, it makes me feel like a bug under a microscope or like a criminal, but I'm considered a danger to myself and others, ha. me Primrose Everdeen a danger.  But that's what my medical bracelet says "mentally unstable."  I'm broken out of my thoughts when I hear my door open but to my surprise it's not mom a doctor or even Katniss it's Johanna.  "Can I come in" she asks. "Yeah, sure" I say. I can instantly tell something's bothering her, during our time of imprisonment I got to know Annie and Johanna very well, "What's wrong" I ask her. "Everything" she says. "I had training today to join the rebellion, and they filled the city simulation with water and I..." She shakes her head unable to continue ever since the capital Johanna has developed a fear of water, all three of us experienced water torture but it affected Johanna the most. "How are you doing" She asks. "How's the flashbacks" I shrug "Better I guess" "I haven't had any for awhile, at least nothing too serious, "But I heard mom and the doctor talking and they said that they might never be able to fix me, that I could be like this for the rest of my life"  Johanna takes a minute to process this before speaking, "well you won't be any crazier than the rest of us" She says with a smirk, "gee thanks" I say smiling a bit. 

After Johanna leaves I lie on my bed and realize how tired I am, I close my eyes and drift off to sleep. 

(Nightmare)

"TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW!" The man shouts. "I SWEAR" I scream "I DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU"RE TALKING ABOUT!" The man shakes his head and jams the hot pocker onto my shoulder causing me to cry out in pain.  They stick my hand in dry ice demanding that I tell them what they want to know, but I can't because I don't know anything. Then president Snow enters the room, but he doesn't look like himself, he's changing into a monster. I break free from my restraints and run to hide under a table. That's when I hear the voice calling my name. 

Katniss pov

I'm on my way to see Prim when I see my mom and Dr Aurelius' running towards her room, I instantly become alarmed and run after them, when I get there, I see Prim is hiding under the bed obviously having a flashback or a nightmare. She's shaking and crying. Mom and Doctor Aurelius are trying to coax her out but it's not working. That's when I start to sing, "Deep in the meadow, under the willow. She turns her gaze towards me and I keep going, "A bed of grass a soft green pillow, lay down your head and close your eyes and when they open the sun will rise" "Here it's safe, here the daises guard you from every harm" "Here your dreams are safe and tomorrow brings them true" "Here is the place where I love you."  Prim slowly comes out from under the bed and to my surprise she throws herself in my arms and starts crying, this is the first time my sister has hugged me in months, I instantly wrap my arms around her "Shhh, Shhh" I say rocking her back and forth, "It's okay" I whisper "You're okay."  Prim also wet the bed so the doctors had to give her a set of clean clothes and bedsheets.  Every time Prim suffers from a nightmare or a flashback my hatred for Snow and the Capital increases tenfold.  Snow will pay for this. 

A.N Prim might seem a little childish at times, but that's because I want to emphasize that she is a child.  A traumatized child