Chapter 19 saying goodbye

Katniss pov
"Can I see Prim?" I asked the doctor, running the front desk. "Of course," she says. "Just be careful she had an episode recently and could still be on edge."Your mother's with her." I nod. Prim is usually calmer with our mother around, I walk down the hospital to the isolation ward where Prim's room is. When I get there, Prim isn't restrained to her bed. Instead, she's sitting down with our mom, and she seems to have calmed down from her recent episode. Mom looks up at me. "It wasn't a bad one," she says. "Can I come in?" I ask Prim. we were told to ask Prim permission before coming into her room. It helps keep her from getting overwhelmed and feeling like her space is being invaded. She nods. "Are you going?" she asks. I kneel in front of her "Yes", I say, "Next time we see each other, we'll be free," she says. "I love you so much," I say, running a hand through her hair, "You should tell Peeta that," she says with a smirk. I can't help but chuckle. I look at my sister and can't help that even though she's broken and hijacked that she's inherited the best qualities our family has to offer, my mother's healing hands my father's head and my fight, but there's something else too something entirely her own. The ability to look into the confusing mess of things and see things for what they are. I hug her, I feel her tense and then relax, and her she returns the hug. "I love you too," she whispers. I pull back and smile at her, and she smiles back. I then turn to my mother. I hug her and tell her I love her before walking out.

A.n
The rest of the story will probably mostly be in Prims' pov. There will still be Katniss pov's, but I don't want to retell the mockingjay or make it too much like the original.