16: "Taste"

{Nikolai}

{Nikolai}

I had already told my maids to get my house ready as I reached San francisco. Leonidas was impatiently tapping his feet on the floor ,waiting for me to explain.

"Look, I don't get to question you, I get it but as your younger brother, I do have this right to know what call made you leave everything. Literally everything and fly here, tagging my ass along." I sighed and leaned back in my seat. I just hope she's okay.

"Who is she, niko" he narrowed his eyes at me. I had no option but to tell him the truth now.

"Damien's daughter" I muttered softly. Leon's eyes widened as he got up from his seat and sat up straight.

"The fuck did you just say?" I give him a warning look, that shut him up real quick.

"Man she's I don't know, 15 years younger than you." I hummed.

"Okay and?"

"No no Damien is going to fucking kill you" he shook his head.

"For her? A million times" an immediate smile crept on my face as I remembered her pretty face. My precious pretty baby .

"You're down bad man" he chuckled. I didn't say a thing, he was right anyway.

_____________________________

Once we had reached San francisco, I called jam- juice whatever his name was to bring clover at my address. She seemed to be better now, she was now breathing better and was sleeping.

I waited for her , pacing around the house. Wanting no, needing her to be here as soon as possible.

All my maids were shocked when they heard that I was returning. I could see it on their faces. It's very rare of to me to stay here. I don't usually prefer staying at this place , because it's simply not my home.

The doorbell rings and I rush towards the door. A man, no a boy around twenty years of age was holding my baby in his arms as she slept peacefully.

I took her from him , she wiggling and groaned in her sleep as I rubbed her back to sleep. After a few more minutes she became comfortable and snuggled into my chest.

How badly I want to shut the door in his face.

"Come in" I said once before turning back.

"Lenoidas, take care of this. I'm going to put her to bed" he nodded but circled me trying to catch a glance of clover's face who was snoring and all snuggled up into me.