Chapter I

(Y/n) is 14 here and Yoichi is 13! I love Kanroji Mitsuri and her personality a lot, so I took some inspiration from her. Please, if u don't like it, don't read it.

"Why would I like someone as ugly and unappealing as you?" (Y/n) gulped, trying not to flinch from the hurtful words the boy sent her. She sighed, feeling her face get redder from embarrassment, and finally spoke up quietly.
"Ah... I just thought that telling you now before you are gone-" The girl got interrupted as the boy laughed mockingly at her words.

"Why would you do this to yourself? Let me make this clear, I have a great opportunity to become the next great football player, I have the looks and also confidence, and you? You have that freakish hair color you got from eating too much junk food, you are stupid, you eat too much and probably pretend to like football to get attention."
"What?! I would never do that!" (Y/n) spoke up, angry and hurt by his words, but she was ignored by him as he rolled his eyes.

"Do me a favor and never think or speak about me. It's embarrassing enough that I know someone like you. Also work on that food intake of yours, maybe your natural hair color will return too." (Y/n) clenched her fists as she glared at the back of the boy's head.
"Only a demon or a monster would like you."

"Bastard..." The girl mumbled to herself, watching as the boy walked off, leaving the girl alone at the entrance of the school.
'This is pointless... I should have just kept my mouth shut.' (Y/n) sighed, taking a strand of her hair. She inspected the (f/c) and (h/c) hair, shaking her head as she let go of it.
'The (f/c) color is taking over my natural one more and more. But it's not my fault mochi is delicious!'
Groaning, (Y/n) picked up her bag and started walking home, trying to distract herself from the words that were thrown at her previously.

'And my food intake is fine too! I just have a faster metabolism and need more food, and regardless, it shouldn't be something that stops me from dating.'
"That... self-absorbed idiot... why did I have to fall for him of all people?"
(Y/n) kicked a stone in front of her, then stopped for a moment.
"I will show him... or rather myself. I might look weird in some people's eyes, but I still have a lot to offer. That footballer is a nobody to tell me anything." (Y/n) said proudly, but groaned as her stomach growled a little.
"But first, lunch!"

Humming softly, (Y/n) watched another football match, grinning excitedly as she saw a familiar player on the field.
'Noel is such a great player! I wish I had these precision skills. The defense could do a better job, but they are overall doing great.' The girl sighed and kept her attention on the white and black ball, waiting for the next point.
But what woke her up from her state, was the sound of the doorbell and she sighed, getting up from her seat.

"Who is it?" The girl called out, approaching the door as a familiar voice was heard from the other side.
"Yoichi! I have great news, (Y/n)!" Grinning, the girl opened the door and looked down at the darker-haired boy.
"And? How did the training go?" (Y/n) asked, letting Yoichi into the house and closing the door.
"It was great! The coach is a lot nicer than he was on the day I signed up for the club. We even have our first match this weekend!" The boy said excitedly, following after (Y/n) into the kitchen.

"That's great, Yoichi! I am happy you" She cheered, opening her fridge as he kept on watching her.
"We have some cake here left... we can celebrate it!"
Yoichi blushed at the older girl's smile and nodded his head, then looked around the room nervously.
"I... I wanted to ask you... if you could come and watch me? This is my first big game and I want someone to be there." (Y/n) stopped for a moment to look at the boy in confusion, causing him to grow even more nervous than he previously was. Her confused frown turned into a soft smile and she excitedly nodded her head.

"Sure! At what time is it? Where will your parents be?"
"At 12... and they aren't coming, they have to work that day." Yoichi answered simply, which made (Y/n) a little sad. But she quickly shook it off and went to put a piece of cake on the plate.
"Then I will make sure to cheer extra loudly! You will do a great job, Yoichi!"

"Y-you think so?!" The younger wondered, blushing a little more.
"Mhmm! Now come and eat! We can watch the rest of the Bastard München game my father recorded."
The shorter nodded excitedly as he sat down on the chair (Y/n) pulled out for him, watching as the girl put some plates away.
'I can't wait to show off my skills this weekend.'

Saturday came and as promised, (Y/n) was standing in the crowd, watching Yoichi and his teammates play. She was surprised with how good the younger boy was holding himself, as the atmosphere would scare quite a lot of players usually.
"Good job, Yoichi!" She waved at the boy as the teams were having a short break. Yoichi smiled softly at her and waved back, happy to see an impressed expression on her face.
'I am doing a good job then!' His thoughts got interrupted as he heard some boys from the opposite team comments.

"She is cute! Does she go to the other school or something?"
Yoichi felt his eyebrow twitch and he sent a side glare towards the boy.
"I don't know... But you think she is cute? With that weird hair and height?"
The blue-eyed boy clenched his fists at that, he never took it lightly when someone made comments like those towards his friend.
"Alright! Let's continue!" The referee called out, causing Yoichi to look between him and the two boys, smirking as an idea popped up in his head.

Soon after the game resumed, the players again concentrated on the match and the crowd cheered them on.
'Yoichi has the ball now! I am sure he will finish this rather quickly and easily!' (Y/n) smiled, watching the younger excitedly as he dribbled the ball. Yoichi smiled as he saw the goal come into sight along with the defense, where the boy who made the last comment was.
"Go, Yoichi!" The boy kicked the ball, but instead of it hitting the goal, it hit the boy in the face. The referee called in for a timeout as the medics approached the boy, in case something was broken.

The crowd, along with Yoichi's team watched in worry as the boy cried in pain. The coach scolded the blue-eyed boy for his recklessness, but nobody did much, as it looked more like an accident than a planned injury.
'What a nasty hit! I hope the boy will be alright... and I hope Yoichi won't take it too hard either.' (Y/n) thought in sympathy as the boy was switched up for another player.

And as for Yoichi, he was trying his hardest to hide a smile of satisfaction as the boy kept crying about how much his cheek hurt.
'Serves you right. Nobody insults (Y/n) like that and thinks they can get away with it. She might be nice to let it pass by, but I am not.' The boy thought as the game resumed again, ready to finally finish the game.

I know nobody, literally nobody asked for this book... but I really love this manga and whenever I have any sort of idea, I need to write it down. Thanks for everyone who wants to support it🩷